Manager, Communications & Public Relations at Attain (Chicago, IL)
Built for consumers and companies, alike
In a world driven by data, we believe consumers and businesses can coexist. Our founders had a vision to empower consumers to leverage their greatest asset—their data—in exchange for modern financial services. Built with this vision in mind, our platform allows consumers to access savings tools, earned wages and rewards without cost or hidden fees. In exchange, they give permission to use their real-time data for research, insights and targeted advertising.
At Attain, your contribution will help us build a more equitable and efficient data sharing ecosystem—whether helping consumers access modern financial services or businesses leverage data to achieve better outcomes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with hands-on leaders and mission-driven individuals everyday.
About the role
As the Manager of Communications and Public Relations at Attain, you’ll help lead the development and implementation of organization-wide communication strategies and public relations activities. You’ll have the opportunity to establish new messaging, partner with a variety of stakeholders and be heavily involved in the growth of our brand awareness in the data and ad tech industries.
The ideal candidate is an excellent manager of written and verbal communication across a variety of channels, has experience working closely with executive leadership, is a strong collaborator and partner, and has experience with the creation of compelling messaging for a growing business.
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role within the AdTech / MarTech industry or at a PR agency working with AdTech / MarTech clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business, Public Relations or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a refined ability to tailor messages for various audiences
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining positive relationships with media outlets, journalists, and industry influencers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Own public relations efforts to increase brand awareness and to reach target audiences. This includes crafting and disseminating press releases, pitching compelling story ideas, pursuing industry awards, contributing engaging byline articles, and effectively sharing company updates and announcements
- Manage media relations and proactively engage with journalists and relevant media outlets to secure positive media coverage
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities to identify communication opportunities and areas for improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Sales, Product, and Partnerships teams to ensure consistent messaging and brand alignment across all touch-points
- Serve as main point of contact with external partners as it relates to joint press opportunities
We are excited to hear from you.
At Attain, we are passionate about finding people to continuously help us grow our organization. We encourage you to apply, even if your experience doesn’t match every detail on the job description. If we don’t see something that immediately fits, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities.