GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing, executing, and optimizing a data-driven user lifecycle communications strategy. This role works closely with the Product Growth and Data team, among others, to collaborate, plan, and prioritize communication to better engage GitLab users and progress them through the buyer and customer lifecycle. In this role, you will focus on user paths to revenue, including engaging free .com users, trial users, and paid users of GitLab.What you'll do in this role
- Understand and map out our user (both prospect and customer) lifecycle journey including touch points across all platforms of communication
- In collaboration across marketing, develop a communication plan to leverage upcoming opportunities to engage with GitLab (including Commit, webcasts, workshops, etc.)
- Create, monitor, and improve complex automated campaign journeys and triggers with static and dynamic content to drive conversion, engagement and retention
- Creatively explore and test new segments; understand where customers come from, their motivations, their previous patterns, and how we can continue to engage them
- Regularly monitor, communicate, and action on performance of overall email marketing programs across marketing
- Use KPIs to lead to business decisions but avoid them becoming the singular focus of the team (for example: open rates)
- Establish a strong working relationship with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization, such as customer communication, marketing operations, sales, product, and the rest of the marketing group.
- Act as the data steward for customer data, monitoring accuracy and quality of customer, user, and prospect information on an ongoing basis
- ‘Speak’ (live and breathe) email and help the team learn how to incorporate best practices into all planning, decisions and execution – from creative to segmentation to deliverability
- Act as email marketing SME (subject matter expert) owning email design templates and brand guidelines in collaboration with Brand team
- Recommend marketing automation segmentation (Marketo), targeting, and personalization tactics for use across marketing campaigns in collaboration with marketing operations
- Work with marketing operations to improve Marketo database efficiency, database hygiene, field values, field completeness, normalization processes, and overall database health to enable user lifecycle programs
- 3-4+ years of experience and proven track record in developing email marketing campaigns
- Experience working in a metrics-driven culture to measure tactic impacts
- Deep empathy for our audience of developers and IT leaders - our community is changing the world, and you want to help accelerate their success through relevant, useful communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects with intertwining deadlines while staying focused on the details
- Experience with marketing automation software (Marketo preferred)
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience working in a B2B software marketing team
- Experience with A/B testing, experiment design, email marketing analysis (connected to attribution reporting is a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Exhibit willingness and flexibility to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Be familiar with or ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Compensation Calculator
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.