Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
The Demand Generation team at Benchling is looking for a Lifecycle & Email Marketing Lead with a deep understanding for how to utilize educational, promotional and transactional email and nurture campaigns in order to drive acquisition, activation and customer expansion.YOUR IMPACT
- Lead vision, strategy, and results for lifecycle and email marketing at Benchling.
- Lead our audience segmentation efforts. Develop the source of truth for audience segmentation.
- Build and maintain lifecycle programs (including, but not limited to welcome series, behavioral triggers, engagement program, etc.) that perform optimally and efficiently across all regions
- Manage new email design and development process and test for cross-platform compatibility.
- Train the marketing team on email best practices and hold us accountable to following them.
- Conduct A/B tests and analyze results to develop insights to improve email programs.
- Collaborate with Campaigns, Field Marketing, Product Marketing and Content Marketing teams to build compelling emails for programs
- Develop the reports we'll use to measure email program efficiency.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations to ensure GDPR & CCPA compliance.
- 6+ years of proven experience in demand generation, lifecycle or email marketing.
- Extensive experience with email development and design.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms
- Experience in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Strong strategic, analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Standout colleague, accountable, entrepreneurial-minded, resilient, inclusive.
- Organized and self-motivated with a sense of urgency and attention to details
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Marketo preferred
- Knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our leadership principles guide how all Benchlings can lead by example:
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, or New York City resident: Please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.