Lead Principal Architect, E-Commerce Marketplace at Atlassian
We're seeking the newest member of our Core Architecture Team, a small group of architects embedded in the Office of the CTO. This group solves for the most critical, sophisticated, and complex architectural designs that have a foundational and enduring impact, company-wide. Looking after our eCommerce, Marketplace & Customer Success Platform, you'll help us envision, design, and build the platform that delivers fabulous marketplace purchasing experiences at scale while enabling integrations that empower our third-party partners.
In this Role, You'll Get To:
- Propose the design, creation, and ongoing development of a modern foundational architecture for Atlassian's cloud commerce, customer success, and marketplace platform.
- Collaborate across the organization (e.g Marketing and Product teams) on major project technical designs
- Develop the company's technical vision and strategy to support Engagement, Growth, and eCommerce, and build consensus for cross-organizational architectural decisions with company-wide impact.
- Lead and drive eCommerce, Marketplace, modern Cloud architectures, 3rd party integrations, extensibility, market distribution, and distributed systems.
- Develop core platform areas including eCommerce Product and Merchandising applications, Order Management, Payments integrations, Recurring Billing platform, API integrations with Support Applications, and integrations with Financial Reporting & Data Warehouse Systems
- Apply findings with marketing technology solutions like marketing automation, Data Management Platforms (DMP), conversion rate optimization (CRO).
- Develop headless architectures like Single Page Applications (SPA) and Progressive Web Applications (PWA) and Microservices-based architecture solutions.
- Apply technologies in AI/ML, modern data platform technologies (e.g. data mesh, data pipelines) last mile, OMS in retail/eCommerce.
- Actively engage with infrastructure hosting and information security teams to lead and mitigate cyber risks.
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in sharing vision, architecture and roadmap succinctly with non-technical audiences
- Technical curiosity with a proven passion for large scale web technology
- Knowledge from contending technologies including Salesforce.com , Demandware, CommerceTools, ElasticPath, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-grade eCommerce platforms and marketplace solutions such as Zuora, NetSuite, Mirakl, etc.
- Extensive experience in building highly scalable systems and commerce architecture, and an ability to quickly apply emerging cloud technologies
- Leadership track record of high-visibility projects and a background in web systems integration industry.
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.