Internal Communications Director at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Marketing team
Our Marketing team is committed to building the Karat brand and long-term value of the business in order to help achieve revenue and margin targets.What you will do
As Internal Communications Director at Karat, you will build and manage a world-class internal communications program that drives deep engagement for the company’s present and future employees.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Build and execute strategic internal communication initiatives in partnership with Karat's leadership team that lead the business through its next phase of growth.
- Ensure communication strategy and activities are consistent and reflect Karat’s core principles.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic internal communications counsel to the leadership team and communicate with multiple internal partners.
- Partner with recruiting on key initiatives that further enhance Karat’s employer brand.
- Build engaging and shareable content, memos, and updates for a wide variety of mediums, including: blogs, email/Slack, social media, etc.
- Coordinate and lead organizational content, programs, speakers, and events, including the Karat’s regular All-Hands meeting.
- Define metrics to best measure communication efficiency, reach, and engagement.
- Drive the adoption of new communications tools and propose new methods to grow our internal communications efforts while ensuring a true Karat voice and message.
- 10+ years of work experience in communications, journalism, or marketing
- History building large-scale communication plans, as well as successfully executing against them
- Experience managing internal communications, executive communications, or engagement for a distributed employee base in high-tech positions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, prioritizing clarity and brevity
- Experience working successfully in ambiguity — you are able to create clarity through quick change
- Expert use of information and collaboration systems, such as: GSuite, Slack, Atlassian, Slab, etc.
- Experience with digital content creation (blogging, video, live streaming, photo, podcast, etc.) and social network or community forums preferred
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]