Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a motivated Apprentice to join our friendly and creative Internal Communications team. This role will provide you with a chance to learn about the principles of internal communication and the impact it can have in a business through working closely with and supporting a team of specialists here at T&F. As part of a wider global Corporate Communications team, you will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and bring a fresh perspective to internal initiatives, utilizing your skills to connect our colleagues to our shared purpose, motivate and inspire them, and improve knowledge flow across our organization.
Alongside your day-to-day role, you will also be studying for the Level 4 PR & Communications Assistant Apprenticeship qualification which will provide you with the foundational principles around creating content for a diverse range of stakeholders and how to foster effective relationships with our colleagues to support them in becoming effective communicators.
We’ll ensure you have the chance to learn on the job with mentoring and development from our colleagues, putting your off the job training to practical use to cement your learning. Upon completion, you'll have developed and honed your knowledge and skills to grow your career within a Communications environment.
What will this role involve?
Work across all areas of internal communications to support the delivery of key projects and initiatives, all whilst learning along the way. On any given day this might look like:
- Learning how to partner with a business area by shadowing our Internal Comms Business Partners, helping ensure that business messages are delivered in the right way, to the right people, and that those messages resonate with them.
- Working with our Internal Communications Managing Editor on storytelling through drafting and editing written stories, coordinating and filming video stories that can help enhance our purpose and values, showcasing great progress of strategic business priorities and recognising outstanding achievement.
- Supporting our Internal Communications Project Manager with specialist projects that connect remote and office workers utilising preferred project management tools and methodologies, and documenting key processes.
- Getting creative and finding new ways to share new or important information in compelling multimedia formats, like design, animation, video or podcasting, and measuring success, too.
- Assisting in keeping our many projects moving, with support as and when required.
You will work towards gaining:
- Level 4 Apprenticeship as a PR & Communications Assistants (standard)
- You will need to complete an End Point Assessment to successfully pass your apprenticeship
What we would love you to bring
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications. Ideally you will also have A-Levels or further education studies.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, Teams, Office 365 and SharePoint - we will support you learning these too!
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the drive to achieve.
- Effective time management skills, meeting deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Be a team player, building good working relationships and retaining a positive attitude towards your work and colleagues.
- Creativity and willingness to bring new ideas to the team.
- Interest in learning, developing and applying best practices.
On completion of the Apprenticeship:
A certificate will be issued formally recognizing this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month program.
Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role for you, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
What we offer in return:
- Salary circa GBP 21,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Flexible home working arrangement
- An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification. Our Apprentice opportunities are open for candidates who do not currently hold and who are not currently studying for a degree level qualification.
- Whilst this role can be completed remotely, there will be an expectation to work from our Milton Park, Oxfordshire offices on occasion, so a commutable distance from here is desirable.
- To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding you need to have the right to and be living in England, must not already hold a qualification of the same type, content and level and must not be undertaking another apprenticeship or in education at the same time.
To apply for this opportunity, please also provide a short-written piece on an International or National Celebration Week or event, for example World Book Day. This can be in the form of a blog or an article, or an alternative method of writing. This should be no longer than one side of A4.
Applications will close on 7th July 2022 and the successful candidate will start in September 2022.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis - please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.