As the leader for technical marketing at Chainalysis you will own the technical narrative that explains how our products work and what problems we solve for our customers. You’ll play a critical role in launching products, influencing the roadmap, creating technical collateral and sales enablement assets. You’ll work across multiple audiences including customers, prospects, partners, analysts and media.
Your daily work will focus on creation of compelling product demonstrations, how-to guides, and other tools and content that engage our current and future customers. This individual will understand our products’ capabilities at a technical level and work closely with product managers, sales engineers, and our product marketing team to build content that inspires developers and users, and communicates Chainalysis unique value and capabilities. This content has to be technically accurate, but also accessible to a less technical audience or individuals who are new to the cryptocurrency and blockchain domains. A creative storyteller who can connect technical details to the problems that our customers face will excel in this position.
This role is part of our marketing leadership team and will be a peer to our leaders for Demand Generation, Events, Product Marketing and Communications. You’ll be responsible for hiring and managing a small team of technical experts to support this function across our product line. You will split your time between hands-on work, collaboration with our R&D and Field organization, and team management and mentorship.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Built a team capable of supporting key company initiatives enabling Chainalysis success
- Supported launch process for new releases in coordination with product management
- Influenced the development of product roadmap through collaboration with product management and engineering
- Built a comprehensive technical content repository to enable our sales engineering and customer success teams to effectively win
- Learned competitive solutions and developed ways to demonstrate our product superiority
A background like this helps:
- Significant experience in pre-sales engineering, technical marketing, product management, product marketing, or developer advocacy
- The ability to simplify without dumbing down—to take complex products and communicate their value to line-of-business owners
- Understanding of the needs of an enterprise sales organization and experience building the right content to assist in the selling process
- Experience working in or with financial services, particularly related to financial crime, AML/CFT compliance, payments, or trading systems
- Understanding of and hands on experience with cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains, layer-2 protocols like Lightning or Polygon and related technologies
- Experience with Solidity smart contract development or other Web3 technology including NFTs Intuition and empathy to gather consensus amongst different stakeholders and subject matter experts
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.