Head of Product Marketing at Amwell (Remote)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As Head of Product Marketing, you will lead, develop, and scale a team that helps to drive the growth, differentiation and value of our expanding portfolio of virtual care solutions and services.
This role will partner closely with our Product Commercialization Leaders, Sales, Customer Success, Integrated Marketing, and Market Insights to continue to be successful in a highly competitive industry and segment. You will be aligned closely to the product commercialization function and collaborate extensively and with cross-functional leaders and teams in virtually all aspects of product and portfolio strategy, messaging, competitive positioning, storytelling, content development, thought leadership, promotion and sales enablement.
In this strategic and highly visible role, you will possess and drive a clear vision for how to bring products, solutions, and services to market and help evolve a growing team of experts in product marketing and content marketing. You will be an influential, knowledgeable and persuasive marketing leader helping shape go-to-market strategies, supporting launches, and driving value stories and competitive differentiation. You will also lead, manage and motivate a growing team of product and content marketers.
Using the most current data and research, you will partner with product commercialization leaders to develop and refine the positioning of our enterprise solutions to our largest clients. You will work closely with your cross-functional peers to shape our narrative, content, communications, demand generation and, support client engagement.
You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and manage messaging, content and resources to best position and sell our solutions, in close partnership with our Product Leadership, Sales, Customer Success, and Enablement teams
- Develop enterprise platform positioning in partnership with business unit segment leaders, with segmentation of customers and prospects that helps shape the marketing message and further defines our unique value proposition in the payer and provider segments
- Develop product positioning and messaging for modules and care programs, considering value proposition, audience needs, market landscape, and other factors
- Own the successful launch and ongoing promotion of both our enterprise platform and virtual care solutions including full bill of product materials, sales presentation and enablement content and more
- Define our market narratives to ensure highly effective thought leadership, market engagement and demand generations programs in collaboration with integrated marketing and communications teams
- Build deep product & customer knowledge leveraging both quantitative and qualitative insights from the market insights team to help inform product leaders and go-to-market strategies.
- Collaborate with Market Insights and Communications teams to define our narrative with industry analysts, drive brand awareness with analysts, and leverage analyst insights and channels.
- Set and drive a clear direction for Product Marketing and ensure team objectives and key results are consistently connected across individual, team, and business goals.
- Based on those connected objectives and key results, successfully lead, coach and inspire an engaged, high-performing Product Marketing team.
- Manage complex projects independently, develop processes to achieve scale, and drive alignment with stakeholders through clear, proactive communication and collaboration.
- Collaborate across the organization: You’ll be a key partner to our Product Commercialization organization, as well as our global Sales & Customer Success teams, and be a trusted, senior leader helping all these teams evolve as our business evolves.
- Lead, manage and motivate your team to drive stronger engagement and retention of top talent.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with a positive sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- 10+ years of healthcare B2B marketing experience (preferably in the SaaS space), driving product marketing strategies that include messaging, positioning, enablement, market insights, and launches
- Exceptional communicator and writer
- Experience working with B2B SaaS sales and Client Success teams, with a deep understanding of buyers, influencers, and decision makers, including the sales and renewal cycle for both payer and provider organizations
- Experience working with customer-facing teams to enable them to speak with confidence to our product and vision, and incorporate the customer’s voice into all that we do
- Data-driven and results-oriented, with a perspective on how to measure and evaluate metrics for pre and post product launch, and define and measure metrics to measure the impact of the Product Marketing team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing teams and executive decision makers
- A collaborative work-style
- Demonstrated team management experience, with an ability to pivot between strategy, team brainstorming, and hands-on execution
- Humility and a sense of humor, making work a fun environment
- Comfortable working with a virtual first work team environment
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance