Head of Product Marketing, Confluence at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Confluence is Atlassian's flagship product within the work management market. Work Management is one of three market focal points for Atlassian, alongside DevOps and IT Service Management. As Atlassian's second largest product driver of paid users, Confluence continues to make significant strides as the team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. We are looking for a visionary product marketing leader to help shape the future market positioning and roadmap strategy for Confluence.
As the Head of Product Marketing for Confluence, you will be responsible for helping our product team "build what sells". This includes establishing a market pulse to influence the product roadmap, driving competitive differentiation strategy, and isolating key growth levers for Confluence's next chapter. With recent innovations in AI, whiteboards, databases, automation, and analytics, the future of Confluence has never been brighter. Additionally, Atlassian's market-leading presence on ways of working for globally distributed teams provides a unique canvas to engage customers with the product. You'll be a key leader to help maximize the opportunity in front of us and deliver big results.
You will join Atlassian's Work Management Product Marketing leadership team, and collaborate closely with teams across product, marketing, and sales. As a part of the leadership team, you'll bring big, bold, and different ideas to the table. We want someone who's passionate about building the scope and impact of product marketing. And a commitment to service is a key trait of leaders at Atlassian: ideally,
you're just as excited about growing and investing in the careers of team members as you are in your own.
Head of Product Marketing responsibilities:
- This role will help shape Confluence's product strategy by connecting product value with customer needs, competitive differentiation, and market trends.
- Partner with Confluence's head of product, head of design, head of engineering, and head of program management to deliver on product-level OKR's
- Establish a continuous market voice through a strong operating rhythm of customer, market, and competitor analysis points
- Own end-to-end Confluence positioning and empower team members driving flywheel and high-touch GTM motions
- Deliver quarterly market pulses to inform and influence key roadmap decisions
- Develop strong sustainable differentiation strategies across the competitive landscape
- Deliver a tiered-launch strategy to support the product roadmap
- Analyze emerging and established Ideal Customer Profiles in order to build for the future and maximize the present
- Participate in analyst engagement opportunities to drive perception and awareness within the Work Management market
- Evangelize Confluence through high-impact speaking appearances at internal and external events
- Mentor, recruit, and lead an incredible team of product marketing managers
Head of Product Marketing requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing (a subset of time in product management OK)
- 5+ years in managing direct reports
- Experience in positioning emerging and/or evolving categories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Never-ending market and product curiosity
- Proficiency in presenting and story-telling
- Servant leadership mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills with colleagues, customers, and partners
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Business-related field, MBA preferred
- Developing impactful strategies to take advantage of emerging market opportunities in AI, whiteboards, and new customer segments
- Crushing business objectives around customer growth, expansion, monetization, and retention
- Mentor, recruit, and grow a team of world-class product marketers
- Creating strong strategic partnerships with an amazing group of cross-functional partners across marketing and product
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $173,200 - $231,000
Zone B: $1755,900 - $207,900
Zone C: $143,800- $191,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.