Head of Marketing at Topaz Labs
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:48 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 12, 2022
Hi - we're Topaz Labs! We build software that uses machine learning to improve image quality for photographers and videographers. Hundreds of thousands of paid customers use our products, from amateur photographers to major movie studios. We are the first company to use machine learning to improve image and video quality. Our revenue has doubled every year since incorporating ML into our product. We are profitable and 100% self-funded.
We’re seeking our first marketing leader: as our Head of Marketing, you'll lead growth and marketing across our company. You’ll have massive immediate and future impact: build our marketing team from the ground up, determine company growth strategy, and work directly with the CEO.
We’re currently already growing active users by ~10% per month mostly through word of mouth and paid ads. This is a great opportunity for a high-trajectory marketer to accelerate already-explosive user and revenue growth.
To be able to succeed in this role, you should have deep technical expertise in product marketing + SEO + paid acquisition, excellent writing skills, and a data-driven and systems-level approach. (Huge plus if you’re a photographer!) The most important cultural elements we value are extreme proactivity, hacker mentality, and intellectual humility. You’ll also be leading a team, so you should also have the type of leadership style that enables high performers.
Our Story So Far
- In 2018 we were the first to use deep learning to improve image quality (covered by Fast Company, The Verge, Engadget, Mashable, BBC, and more). People absolutely love our products.
- Despite lacking a marketing leader, we’ve already experienced high product-driven user + revenue growth ($15M+ annual revenue, 2.5x YoY growth) with no end in sight.
- We have a huge total addressable market. Just think: how useful to how many people would a real-life version of CSI’s “Enhance” be? That’s what we’re building, and we’re better than anyone else at it.
Our Head of Marketing Will
- Own the positioning and messaging of our image quality software; help the right customers discover our products with the right message.
- Own the relentless pursuit of growth targets (especially DAU and revenue). This is a balance of exploring new growth ideas and exploiting proven concepts with excellent execution.
- Build a high-performing growth + marketing team with a data-driven and systematic approach. Lead from the front by guiding priorities, coaching, and setting a high standard of excellence.
Our Head of Marketing Will Have
- Deep expertise with product and growth marketing within the tech industry; ideally, B2C and/or SMB segments.
- Technical skills in SEO, paid acquisition, funnel optimization, or content creation (videos, tutorials, emails, etc).
- Experience as a founder, early stage employee, or within a fast-paced start up.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- The ability to build and lead a team of top performing marketers.
- A high orientation to shipping and getting things done.
- A undergraduate / masters degree or relevant experience.
- Marketers with a passion for photography / videography is a huge plus!
We fanatically embrace ownership and autonomy in our culture. We do everything we can to remove unnecessary process, hierarchy, and micro-management.
Our Head of Marketing's compensation will be tied directly to the performance of the company. We’re also proud to offer 100% covered platinum-level medical/dental/vision for employees, 15 days annual PTO plus holidays, and 401k matching. This is a full-time and on-site role in Dallas, TX. We’re excited to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description