Head of Marketing at GlossGenius
GlossGenius is one of the quickest growing solutions powering business owners across the US with elegant, vibrant, and intuitive software. GlossGenius’s complete “business-in-a-box” platform was designed to empower professionals to focus on being creators, not admins. GlossGenius is creating a generational brand that’s empowering offline service providers to be successful entrepreneurs.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
Check out some content featuring our product and customers here:
- GlossGenius- New Card Reader
- Celebrating GlossGenius Business Owners
- Beauty Industry Update Virtual Salon Summit
GlossGenius is about empowering entrepreneurship to redefine success for small business owners across the beauty and wellness category. The GlossGenius brand is all about finding new customers, delighting them, growing their business, and maximizing their income. To that end, we are looking for a results-driven leader responsible for growing and retaining GlossGenius' customer base through acquisition and retention marketing strategy and implementation. She/he will cover the full spectrum of acquisition and retention strategies and create, develop and execute a marketing plan to acquire new customers to GlossGenius and retain and grow relationships with the current customer, ultimately driving a high LTV. The ideal candidate is a data-driven, KPI ninja and brings a deep skill set in all aspects of demand creation via digital and offline marketing. We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with a proven track record of taking the reins and responsibility to strategize and implement multiple marketing programs and running campaigns from concept to launch. This role will report directly to the CEO.
Role and Responsibilities: The Head of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and is a key member of the GlossGenius executive leadership team responsible for all facets of marketing, including Growth, Retention, Brand, Creative, Content, PR, and Communications. These functions are at the core of our “digital-first” business model, and you will play an important role in driving the sustained and future growth of GlossGenius.
- Growth: Develop and execute our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help drive revenue and achieve targets by setting the overall strategy/budget and mobilizing your team to deliver results.
- Develop strategic acquisition marketing plans to target and acquire new customers using primarily digital marketing channels and offline channels
- Create, develop and execute a multi-faceted strategy for acquiring new customers online and offline via segment-driven initiatives
- Establish reporting benchmarks and KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs
- Own forecasting and delivery of monthly goals, including ad spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention, and LTV
- Continuously test and optimize new acquisition channels, audiences, bidding strategies, targeting options, creative, and copy
- Lead internal team and external agencies to deliver across digital channels (search, social, display, affiliates, video, etc) and offline channels (TV, radio, OOH, direct mail, etc)
- Brand: Develop a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned); steward and evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; establish customer-friendly product marketing criteria for ease of the customer.
- Manage PR and corporate communications, developing and executing messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency and internal PR resources; establish GlossGenius’ stakeholders as thought leaders in key areas of expertise
- Establish CSR programs in line with company strategy and to maximize impact; build content to educate customers and work internally to engage employees
- Own strategy for key social media channels, blog, and influencers; continue to drive content and audience growth in line with targets
- Retention: Develop a strategy for keeping GlossGenius top-of-mind for prospective customers from the moment they visit our website. This role is focused on improving customer lifetime value through innovative ways. Focused on building customer relationships through email, customer service, order inserts, direct mail, paid media, and referral program. In this role, you’ll be expected to creatively leverage each of these (and create your own) to build opportunities for impactful customer interaction.
- Outline and execute lifecycle campaigns tailored to customers’ purchase behavior by using email, direct mail, inserts, limited paid media
- Develop the strategy and execute on highly relevant personalized customer journeys that reinforce and grow customer relationships and expansion with new product offerings
- Manage campaigns across all media from concept to execution, including analysis and reporting
- Coordinate CRM efforts between the full marketing, site merchandising, digital product, and creative teams to deliver strong, consistent campaigns that elevate results
- Established success leading a significant and successful marketing organization, ideally within a high-growth, B2B or B2B2C SaaS company with multiple offerings. B2C consumer subscription experience is a plus
- Ability to drive both strategy and day-to-day execution in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to plan strategy, targets, and budget for the marketing organization
- Critical thinker who dives deep into details to understand customer behavior and ROI
- An analytic approach with experience using data to drive strategy/decision with experience in funnel optimization, marketing operations, developing, measuring, and improving metrics/KPIs. Demonstrated experience synthesizing and translating market needs into product requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of understanding of email marketing best practices and strong experience with ESPs
- Impeccable track record in recruiting top-tier talent and in building, inspiring, training, and coaching a high-performance team of marketers
- Skilled with CRM, SEO, SEM, and analytics tools such as HubSpot, SalesLoft, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Looker, Tableau, and more
- A team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity and find innovative solutions
- A dynamic leader who can manage, inspire and mobilize a team of functional leads along with key agency partners
- Highly collaborative and hands-on, excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in business discussions
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results in a high-growth organization
- A results-oriented executive who is energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success
- Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, passionate, and energetic leader
- Competitive and winning attitude, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.