Head of Marketing, Vice President at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is building a full-scale financial platform to champion financial progress by helping our 100M+ members improve their credit, pay off debt and plan for the future. The Credit Karma Money business unit is a fundamental piece to achieving that vision. We want to change consumers' relationship with money, to help them spend wisely, save for the future and build wealth. With the launch of high yield savings last year and checking/debit this year, we are well on our way to achieving this vision of helping our members throughout their financial journey.
Reporting to the GM of the Money business unit, the VP/Head of Marketing will own all marketing for the business including the Money brand , growth through paid and owned media channels and product marketing to drive the awareness/consideration and adoption for the entire CK Money portfolio across millions of members. You will work closely with the CEO, GM and other executive leaders at Credit Karma to execute on business goals. This is a high visibility role to senior leadership.
This role will be responsible for creating the entire marketing strategy and execution for Credit Karma Money, including brand (awareness campaigns, creative ideas, and image-building) growth (SEO/SEM initiatives, social, landing pages optimizations, traffic/user acquisition, and other growth-related initiatives) and product marketing to drive feature usage and engagement with our members. You will lead a team of marketers including creative, growth and product marketing , and the market research team to create initiatives that will drive large scale adoption and engagement with our members.
What you’ll do:
- Plan , develop, implement and monitor the overall marketing strategy for Credit Karma Money. Own the budget /spend across all marketing channels
- Communicate important concepts, strategy to senior leaders and be able to change beliefs and operating patterns, while balancing influencers and decision-maker
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to your team and the company on Credit Karma Money’s marketing strategy
- Help craft OKRs that each functional area your team needs to execute effectively within the context of the larger business unit goals
- Build forecasts and projections with finance that relate to the expected ROI on marketing campaigns, traffic and user acquisition that require robust and rigid financial analysis. Actively monitor these metrics to understand sources of both success and failure relative to the goals set to iterate further
- Work with market research extrapolating insights and turning those insights into an actionable strategy to drive brand awareness and consideration as well as adoption
- Build a strong team culture that encourages hypothesis driven experimentation, so we learn what works to reach our members and create organic levers for our business
- Lead, mentor and participate in growing the rest of the marketing community at Credit Karma to be a world-class org
What’s great about the role:
- The Money business unit is a fundamental and strategic piece of achieving the Credit Karma vision of being a full scale financial platform for our members to make financial progress
- You will essentially be the CMO for Credit Karma Money overseeing a 9 figure annual budget to create the same kind of trust, loyalty and adoption among consumers for the Money products that Credit Karma enjoys
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 12+ years of in-house marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience building , growing and managing a high-performance marketing team
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Ability to lead and manage resources in a fast paced hyper growth company that is expanding rapidly into new verticals and markets
- Prior experience in and expertise in consumer marketing
- Experience solving business challenges with creative solutions and through paid and non-paid channels with a focus on action
- Proven execution against large performance targets, in addition to, success reporting and delivering on key operational metrics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - ability to tell a story with data
- Proven quantitative, statistical and analytical, and technical skills with the ability to use insights to make data-driven decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit, grit, and ability to get things done. Track record of marketing multiple complex consumer products with broad reach and measurable impact
- Optimistic, humble and energizing/motivating with high E.Q.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)