Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k), expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing Operations to partner closely with the CMO and colleagues in Marketing, Revenue Operations, Business Technology, Data Platforms, and Engineering to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing. As Head of Marketing Operations, you will own the Marketing Technology stack and be responsible for the delivery and execution of Marketing campaigns.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own and define the marketing tech stack - Define the MarTech strategy and roadmap. Identify areas where technology and automation can lead to repeatable, efficient, and effective marketing campaigns. Partner with Marketers to understand training and capability needs related to business objectives and customer outcomes. Partner with Business Technology, Data Platforms, Engineering, and RevOps to select, implement, and maintain new technologies and associated processes
- Enable Leads to be managed through the Customer journey - Partner closely with RevOps, Business Technology, and Data Platform to integrated data and systems to enable GTM teams (primarily Marketers) to manage leads through acquisition, retention, and expansion stages including attribution of conversations to specific campaigns
- Facilitate brand compliance and risk management - Equip marketing with oversight to ensure marketing assets comply with industry regulations and brand standards. This includes content management to that enables seamless sharing of content assets and metadata to facilitate collaboration and consistent brand messaging
- Build and optimize a campaign practice - Manage a team that owns day-to-day campaign operations that includes partnering with Marketers to set a campaign calendar and build, execute, and measure digital (e.g., email, chat, website) and non-digital (i.e., Sales and/or Customer Success) campaigns
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing operations
- 5+ years of systems experience, including CRM tools (Salesforce, Dynamics), marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot), contact enrichment tools (Clearbit, Datanyze), and sales enablement tools (PersistIQ, Outreach.io)
- Strong structured, process-driven mindset, with a focus on building for scale
- Love, live, and breathe marketing automation technology and are up to speed on all the latest trends
- Deep understanding of the lead-to-revenue demand funnel, with experience in cross-sell, upsell, and retention (B2B experience preferred)
- Proactive, self-directed, strategic thinker able to implement complex workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with lifecycle analytics, including using business intelligence to improve lifecycle marketing. SQL & SOQL experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000 to $215,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $200,000 to $253,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]