At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, design-forward, and easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, and our new teams based in London, Amsterdam, Dublin and Sydney. We are working to grow our international reach and bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We have a unique opportunity for an accomplished marketing leader to create and guide the strategic direction and operational execution of our expansion in Europe. You'll build a team focused on our top priority markets, hire and manage local agencies, and work with the NYC-based marketing team to execute localized go-to-market plans including events and partnerships, PR, CRM, paid media, and community building efforts. Combining a variety of marketing experience in market expansion, you will be an essential contributor to the Global Team and teams across the organization shaping the future of Squarespace.
This role is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands and reports to our NYC-based Head of International Marketing.
You'll Get To…
- Build European marketing team to implement holistic marketing plans
- Develop European expansion and investment strategy in partnership with Head of International Strategy + Expansion
- Build Squarespace's cultural relevance through the development of strategic events and partnerships, and community projects
- Correspond with active partners, customers and vendors to secure their collaboration in marketing projects
- Track the progress of projects from start to finish and compile on-going reporting
- Manage local agencies (briefing, providing strategic direction, executional oversight)
- Partner with Media, Communications, CRM, and Brand Strategy teams to improve across channels
- Use consumer insights to get a deeper understanding of our consumer and develop insight-driven marketing
- Create internal presentations and documents for active marketing programs
- Maintain current knowledge of local cultural trends and media usage patterns
- Improve growth and influence across all major international KPIs: customers, revenue, conversion, marketing Return on investment, LTV, and retention
- Travel internationally
- 7-10+ years of broad-based marketing experience, ideally in consumer tech or a related industry
- Experience launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- Experience managing agency partners
- Deep knowledge across digital and traditional marketing channels
- Understanding of localization and how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity in a dynamic environment
- Language ability in Spanish, French, or German
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations and more. Powered by outstanding design for a brand experience across all touch points, our suite of integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, e-commerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, and Chicago, Illinois.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.