From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is in a hyper-growth stage and we are looking for a Head of Internal Communications to join our growing People team! This new role is imperative to ensuring that we are providing efficient and effective communication to all our employees as we continue to grow quickly all around the world. This role will also lead change management for major changes that impact our fivetranners.
We are looking for someone who can partner with our business leaders to draft communications in a way that brings our culture, purpose, vision, and strategy to life. In this role you will build, drive and implement a communication plan inclusive of executive communications, HR communications, and all major internal communications inclusive of global to regional updates. The Director also manages and provides strategic guidance, logistics and messaging for all major internal events (virtual, onsite and offsite). This position works at the epicenter of everything that is going on in the company and will have accountability for our internal wiki, all hands, and newsletters.
As a Head of Internal Communications at Fivetran, you will:
- Have overall accountability for internal comms. Own our existing company-wide communication channels:
- Our internal wiki
- Our bi-monthly all-hands meeting
- Our monthly newsletter
- Create and implement ongoing metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, to measure success of internal communications programs
- Partner with executives to help draft and refine company-wide communications that provide employees with the right information at the right time
- Serve as the crisis management communications lead ensuring involvement with the key stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner
- Develop key messages, all-employee communications, digital content and internal storytelling content
- Proactively assess communication tools, channels, and rules of engagement and design a scalable communications infrastructure
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in communications, marketing, consulting, or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experiences owning end to end communications for fast growing companies
- Organizational communication skills that foster partnerships with key stakeholders
- Skilled in visual design with great attention to detail
- A portfolio demonstrating writing and design skills
- Ability to speak intelligently about media events that impact our community (BLM, COVID, Natural Disasters, etc) and experience crafting communications to the greater company as needed
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, successfully working against timelines
- Experience building cross-functional relationships, in particular with non-design partners
- Experience overseeing internal communications and employer branding for a fast growing technology company
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Adobe Products, Google Suite (tools and platforms), as well as social media channels.
- Industry: Internet
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.