Head of Customer Research and Competitive Intelligence (Salt Lake City, UT)
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our first Head of Customer Research and Competitive Intelligence to build a best-in-class Research function at BlueVine. You will be a trusted advisor to the business, owning market, competitor, prospect, and customer insights that help identify growth opportunities and fuel product roadmap, partnership, and marketing initiatives. As part of your charter, you’ll establish an active feedback loop with our customers, implement research best practices, standardize and centralize research initiatives, and identify the need for and launch strategic programs. You’ll continuously vet new sources of information, research methodologies, and regularly distill those insights and recommendations across the BlueVine organization. Finally, you have a knack for turning insights into narrative and a passion for helping small businesses thrive by bringing their voices to the strategic decision process.
To start, this is an individual contributor role with potential to grow a team in the future.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
We live by the following values and are looking for people who can espouse the same.
- Lead with Integrity
- Operate as Owners
- Push boundaries
- Grow Together
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive quantitative and qualitative voice of the customer research, fueling product roadmap development, positioning, and GTM strategy.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of competitors, industries, markets, technologies and provide executive staff with regular reports on BlueVine’s position in the market and associated opportunities.
- Establish and manage the voice of the customer customer feedback loop programs including a customer advisory board.
- Develop a customer insights library to standardize, centralize, and distill information across BlueVine.
- Identify insights-based thought leadership opportunities and partner with the Content team to bring these to life.
- Ensure research follows best practices in methodology, reporting, and storytelling.
- Manage the research budget and calendar ensuring it reflects cross-functional partner needs
- Evaluate, onboard, and manage vendors and agencies based on needs.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- BA/BS degree with 7-10 years of experience in research, competitive intelligence, or voice of the customer ideally with a fintech background.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including competitive patterning, data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendations
- Proven track record of driving company action and spearheading new initiatives based on insights
- Proven success in using data to tell a story; including the ability to draw and synthesize insights from multiple different sources
- Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to distill learnings into simple, easy and clear actionable insights
Benefits & Perks:
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- PTO, Company Holiday, and Flexible Holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Quarterly DoorDash credit
- Dog-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.