Growth Marketing Manager II at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We are hiring a Growth Marketing Manager II out of our Oakland, CA office.
This role will own overall paid acquisition CPA & sign-ups for our fast-growing checking & savings vertical. You will determine the allocation of a large monthly marketing budget, drive ROI & scale across channels, and enjoy high visibility to senior marketing leadership. While you have complete ownership of your numbers, you'll have a large team to support you - creative team, technical experts, analytics, and other best-in-class marketers.
You have a strong grasp of the paid marketing landscape with demonstrated consistent experience boosting efficiency and scale in digital marketing channels. You are someone who can create the marketing engine, not just tune it up - working through, or around, unexpected challenges is something that motivates you. In addition, you enjoy making data-driven decisions and executing with creative, product, and engineering to implement growth strategies. Our internal data set is rich and readily accessible for unprecedented targeting & analysis.
What You'll Do:
- Own entire paid channels and strategies for your vertical - you own the ideation, prioritization, and execution of channel launches & optimizations to drive growth
- Manage 7-figure monthly budget
- Partner with our core acquisition team on testing & scaling TV advertising campaigns
- Generate data-driven hypotheses for improving marketing performance, execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- Develop processes and frameworks that will scale with a growing organization
- Drive creative strategy, partnering across the organization to impact landing page generation, multivariate testing, and automation of marketing infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Copy, Design, and Brand to transform your ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5+ years of digital paid marketing experience across multiple channels
- Has demonstrated step-function growth and improved efficiency of marketing channels
- 3+ years of experience owning digital marketing channels or entire digital marketing programs that exceed performance goals
- Deep understanding of digital performance marketing, being able to quickly assess opportunities across channels and within a channel
- Strong knowledge & experience with digital campaign attribution and conversion pass back across devices, including mobile apps
- Can drive overall marketing strategy from forecasting, budgeting, and planning--to resource allocation, prioritization, campaign execution, optimization, and reporting
- Past experience with new product launches, new channel launches, and/or growing & measuring "offline" channels such as TV, out of home, or direct mail.
- Proficiency with SQL/BQ and Looker
- Successfully create succinct and easy-to-understand reporting and analysis to optimize performance marketing and support the wider business and teams
- Advanced Excel skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)