Growth Marketing Associate II at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We are hiring a Growth Engagement Associate out of our Charlotte office for our Tax Team. We're quickly growing, and you will be a key part of accelerating that growth. You will launch marketing campaigns (could include email, push, and or in app "stories"), to drive increased activations, continued engagement, and to reduce/prevent churn. You will test and learn fast, and in partnership with the rest of the team, find opportunities for growth and pursue them.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn from best-in-class growth marketers, and continue to build a strong foundation for your career.
What You’ll Do
- Own engagement initiatives from inception to launch across multiple channels, including email and in-app
- Use data to identify opportunities to engage with members as well as to define segmentation and targeting strategies
- Work closely with Analytics, Creative, Product, and Engineering, to transform your ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimize each and every component of messages prior to launch
- 2+ years of professional experience in growth marketing or a data-driven field
- 1-2 years of email marketing experience
- Hands-on, high capacity doer, multi-tasker with ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Data driven and detail oriented.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated record of impact on bottom-funnel KPIs (e.g., sales, conversions, etc)
- Technical degree (Economics, Statistics, Math, etc.)
- Past experience with SQL
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Intermediate Excel functionality
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High energy and positive attitude with a "can do," solution-oriented mindset.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)