Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" platform with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering over 600 direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework enables its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced 10x year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. Our team more than doubled in size in the last 18 months to about 300 people strong in several countries including the US, Japan, India, Poland, Brazil, and Canada with backgrounds in technology, media, and entertainment. At heart, we’re an inspirational and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of video transforming eCommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
Does your Halloween party feature themed food, a live mummy and a smoke machine? Have you attended CES or Cannes Lion and thought, “I could do this twice as well for half the price?” Have you ever looked up at the night sky and asked, “Can I project a logo up there?”
If the answer is yes to all of the above and you love creating spectacular B2B event experiences of all types, we should chat.
Firework is already the world’s largest livestream and short-shoppable video platform on the open web and we’re just getting started. It’s an incredibly exciting and dynamic space that is fundamentally redefining the Internet, bringing an element of human connection to brands of all categories and across the globe. So it’s a pretty exciting time to join!
What you’ll be doing
- Establish the global strategy and roadmap for experiences at Firework, from dinners to agency tours to large-scale sponsorships
- Develop the end-to-end approach to our experiences, highlighting all of the elements that set Firework apart in the market
- Establish unique and impactful experiences that differentiate us - places or ideas that no one else would even dare to dream of
- Create guardrails around when and where we show up. Set and own the overall budget
- Conceptualize and hire a team of event experts both in North America and around the globe
We’ll be excited if you have
- A mindset of extreme ownership, speed, no ego and perpetual unlearning and learning. Someone that others literally request to work with because you’re so great!
- 7+ years experience in the B2B events marketing space
- Has grit, knows how to navigate complex environments
- Knows how to lead events on a budget, albeit a good one
- Has led or mostly-led a major event like Cannes, CES, etc. Knows the inner workings of how to get stuff done
- Understands and can explain in great detail what a perfect major and intimate experience looks like
- Has a wealth of great experiential ideas that they’re dying to try
- Has a unique approach to events, thinking outside the box in order to stand out
- Someone who is ridiculously strategic around experiences BUT is willing to roll up their sleeves (this is not a cliche, you might not have sleeves by the end of this)
This role may be remote in the United States or Canada.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.