GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
This position is 100% remote, for those candidates within US Timezones, Canada or LATAM.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.Responsibilities
- Financial Acumen: Have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Financial Modeling: Build, Maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business. Models are easily audited and used by others for areas of average complexity.
- Business Partnership: Support Senior Financial Analysts and Managers regarding business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning. Beginning to build relationships with select cross-functional partners.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and Key Reviews.
- Financial Process Improvement: Execute improvements to processes within your own workflow. Document in the company handbook.
- Project Management: Run small sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Prepare and review visualizations of financial data to promote internal and external understanding of the company’s financial results. Clearly articulate insights. Target audience to FP&A management, functional managers and directors.
- Autonomy: executes with moderate supervision from senior members of team.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.