Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Marketing team
Our Marketing team is committed to building the Karat brand and long-term value of the business in order to help achieve revenue and margin targets.What you will do
As Field Marketing Manager at Karat, you will create a wide variety of sophisticated in-person and virtual events in close partnership with go-to-market teams such as Demand Generation and Sales with the purpose of enabling, driving, and accelerating prospect and client enablement.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Develop, plan, and execute demand generation marketing programs (e.g. third-party and company hosted events, virtual experiences, webinars, etc.).
- Own marketing campaign strategy to drive event attendance, ensure engagement, and boost conversion from prospects and attendees.
- Coordinate with Revenue Operations and Sales teams to ensure follow-up with leads from events.
- Manage OKRs around pipeline generation, opportunity conversion, cost per meeting, cost per lead, and more.
- Collaborate with Communication, Product Marketing, and Demand Generation to produce compelling, authentic events that align with company goals, integrated campaigns, and product releases.
- Own event metrics through evaluation of performance, post-event ROI tracking, and wrap-up reports.
- Report on the impact of field events, including prospect/client engagement and pipeline growth.
- Strategize and deliver innovative ways to reuse and redistribute a wide library of content, from paid demand management to blogs, webinars, PDFs, and more.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a Field Marketing, Demand Generation, or similar role
- Experience with Marketo/Pardot, Outreach, Salesforce, and similar
- Hands-on knowledge of webinar platforms, such as: Cvent, GoToWebinar, LinkedIn Live, Zoom Webinar, etc.
- Successful history partnering on a variety of projects with cross-functional colleagues in communication, marketing, product, and sales
- Strong data-mindset; ability to analyze, interpret, and make recommendations based on event performance metrics
- Ability to operate autonomously; history of successfully handling multiple projects to completion
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience marketing to HR/Talent and Software Engineering personas desired
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]