Field Marketing Manager, Cisco Events - Remote at Cisco Meraki
Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our beliefs?
Founded in 2006, Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 350,000 customers and 4.5 million network devices and counting online around the world. Our comprehensive set of solutions includes wireless, switching, security, UTM, and cameras, all led by Meraki’s web-based dashboard interface. You could not ask for a better stack of products, with a better differentiation from competitors, than this.
As Field Marketing Manager, Cisco Events you will build, develop and operate Meraki’s presence and participation at Cisco Tier 1 events including Cisco Live’s and Partner Summit. You will also lead Tier 2 events to support campaign execution as required. Events will be a mix of virtual and live programs.
You will bring energy, creativity and new ideas to build a strong Meraki presence at each event in partnership with your Meraki colleagues and Cisco counterparts. You are responsible for understanding Meraki's internal and customer audiences and marketing campaigns that align back to business priorities and contribute to pipeline creation. You have a proven record of establishing credibility with counterparts, colleagues, and executives. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working with internal and external teams to pull together creative and complex event campaigns.What you will do:
- Strategize, execute and promote Meraki’s overall presence at Cisco Tier 1 events including Cisco Live’s and Partner Summit
- Develop and execute strategic field marketing plans for live and virtual events that align with campaign briefs and business goals, as assigned
- Partner with Cisco counterparts to successfully understand and navigate opportunities for Meraki presence that drives lead generation at these events
- Work closely with marketing counterparts including Market Strategy, Integrated Marketing and Communications to make recommendations and weave current marketing campaigns into the overall Meraki presence at Cisco and Meraki-led events
- Partner with go-to-market teams and external agencies as applicable on pre-, during- and post- event execution and deliverables
- Continuously align and integrate Meraki’s key areas of focus, goals and priorities that support Meraki end-users
- Speaker management, including facilitating content reviews and connecting speakers to venue and event logistical needs.
- Lead communications, meeting agendas in discussions of event plans commonly attended by team leaders and cross functional teams
- Manage event planning and onsite logistics, virtual event platform set-up, content, budget, design, AV, production, vendors, logistics with support of the project management team
- Report and measure success, develop extensive debriefs, make recommendations and implement improvements
- Coordinate and lead internal project teams to execute on event plans
- Ongoing research of new and creative methods, industry trends, the latest event technology and bring relevant opportunities to up-level events
- Often supporting multiple large scale projects consecutively
- Communicative. You are an effective and timely communicator with all internal partners. You understand what is needed of them and clearly instructs others, including senior level contacts.
- Creative. You can see a problem from different perspectives. You love to experiment, solicit feedback, and learn from each iteration. You are aware of the latest trends and are always thinking about ways to innovate our work.
- Strategic thinker. You understand the broader business strategy and objectives, and can find opportunities of alignment with your own work and proposes projects and programs.
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of others. You invite and act on different points of view. You establish trusting relationships. You bring people in, share knowledge and help mentor.
- Organized. You sweat the details and plan for contingencies. And, you are flexible, like thinking on your feet, and can adjust for the unexpected.
- Metrics-driven. You have a deep understanding of how to track and report opportunities, pipeline and influence driven activities, can build reports independently and identify trends for larger groups of information.
- 4+ years of progressively senior experience in Trade Show Management and/or Field Event Marketing, virtual event experience an asset
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and problem solve in a fast paced and creative environments
- Demand generation experience preferred
- Meticulously organized and concise in verbal and written communications to articulate direction of the events
- Consistent record of building successful event marketing plans that are built on priorities and metrics driven in their approach
- Track record of successful execution of large scale in person experiences
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestic and international
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.