Events, Marketing and Community Engagement Director at Scaled Agile, Inc.
Scaled Agile, Inc. , (SAI) is the provider of SAFe®, the world's leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of more than one million trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes. A growing interest in business agility over the last year has accelerated adoption. As we grow, we are adding team members looking to grow with us.
We are seeking a highly collaborative leader with event, marketing and creative expertise. Supporting an experienced team, this role emphasizes overseeing the day-to-day logistics of events while keeping in mind how they connect with the overarching vision and marketing strategy. The Events, Marketing and Community Engagement Director sets the tone for the experiences that align with where the company is heading, where marketing wants to go, and shows measurable results - through awareness, leads, community-building and revenue.
What's in it for you?
Scaled Agile dedicates a substantial portion of our resources and budget to our marketing and event strategy. It is a key element of our marketing strategy, educating new users, creating strong brand awareness, driving valuable leads, and creating a forum for our user community to engage. These global events range in scale, complexity and geography from large global events, to smaller partner hosted and everything in between.
This role will help inform the overarching strategy and vision that continues to fuel the growth of the company and surrounding ecosystem, while leading the team responsible for bringing it to life. This is an amazing opportunity to take lessons learned from your marketing experience to further enhance a robust events organization serving a very passionate community.
What you'll be doing:
As a servant leader to the Events team, you will work with Scaled Agile's leadership ensuring that the vision and execution of these events ties into overall marketing and organizational objectives. You will receive input from marketing leadership and other key stakeholders, incorporate these into an event strategy, and drive the planning and execution for delivering. Looking for opportunities to continuously improve events, you'll work with the team to manage, prioritize and incorporate feedback. This role will continue to innovate uncovering new event formats and approaches to further develop a successful event portfolio.
Community-based Hosted Events
- Execute the plan for these events, including the Global SAFe Summit, Regional SAFe Summits, SAFe Symposiums and local community events
- Select venues, platforms and approaches that support community-building and a memorable experience
- Oversee all the components of each event, ensuring it feels cohesive, including signage, keynotes, messaging, offsite activities, and overall production elements
- Oversee the overall marketing of events, including website development, promotional plans, social media, and campaign performance in support of revenue goals
- Support the development of an annual strategy and vision for Industry Events within Scaled Agile
- Establish a shared organizational vision for the event, helping to create marketing plans and experiences that are cohesive
- Support international expansion efforts with Industry event strategies
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- Significant experience in marketing and event management with leadership experience as a manager of cross functional team.
- Experience understanding marketing audiences and interpreting their needs to create a valuable experience that drives repeat attendance
- Experience, knowledge and understanding in event management budgeting, planning strategies, including speaker management, content development, attendee/invite strategies, KPI measurement, vendor negotiating.
- High degree of collaboration and emotional intelligence. The ability to lead in a complex, interdependent, deadline driven world.
- Calm, steady leadership/people skills, strong decision making skills, and the ability to simplify complexity, see the big picture so that priorities for the team are clear.
- Ability to travel globally, up to 35%
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
Scaled Agile is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $145,000- $160,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Employees of Scaled Agile are also compensated with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, optional insurance products including pet insurance, 401K with a match, flexible paid time off, company-paid sabbatical after six years of service, bonus plan, and equity options.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you.