Event Marketing Manager at Groove (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:32 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce. Built for the needs of relationship-based sellers, Groove increases rep productivity, drives Salesforce adoption, and provides revenue leaders with key insights to know what’s driving their business. Because Groove is Salesforce native, it has the most advanced activity capture in the industry, ensuring that revenue teams can rely on accurate reporting and forecasting, lowered compliance risk, and streamlined administration. Whether it’s automating CRM data entry or empowering reps to generate pipeline and close more deals, Groove gives reps 20% of their week back to focus on high-value activities.
Over 70,000 people use Groove at some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing companies, including Google, BBVA, Atlassian, Uber, and Capital One. Groove has ranked #1 in customer satisfaction on G2 in five sales technology categories and has made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. for three years in a row. To learn more, visit https://groove.co.
Groove is seeking an Event Marketing Manager to lead the strategy and execution of B2B in-person, hybrid and virtual events that build brand awareness, strengthen key relationships, and accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will be an expert at managing the many details required to successfully execute conferences, dinners, executive retreats, think tanks, and customer advisory boards, while delivering unique experiences that surprise and delight. This individual will be creative, detail oriented and highly organized, with a passion for producing events that educate, entertain, and deliver meaningful outcomes. Initially reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role will be an individual contributor to start, with an opportunity to grow into the Director of Event Marketing and build out a team at the company scales.
- Own the strategy and execution of Groove’s event marketing programs across the entire customer lifecycle, from prospecting through to expansion.
- Partner with executives and key stakeholders across every team to produce events that build brand awareness, forge meaningful relationships and accelerate growth.
- Be a key member of the Demand Gen team to ensure that Groove’s event strategy execution delivers ROI across ABM programs, trade shows, conferences, and virtual/hybrid events.
- Lead the execution of Groove’s customer event series, including an in-person customer conference, quarterly virtual events, executive dinners and customer advisory boards.
- Coach participating employees to ensure every function is prepared to show up with their A game, understanding their role and responsibilities.
- Proactively manage budget; track and evaluate results against goals and identify areas for improvement.
- 5-7+ years experience producing in-person, hybrid and virtual events.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to effectively manage people in high pressure situations.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with enchanting interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of delivering business impact through event design and execution.
- Mastery of the details, including attendee curation, pre- and post-event engagement, branding, social media strategy, logistics and AV requirements, and so many more.
- Ability to travel as required
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.
Read Full Job Description