At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the Role
As the Event Marketing Lead, you are responsible for creating flawless and unforgettable event presence for MetaMask to drive brand awareness and build user and developer communities. This includes, but is not limited to, conference sponsorship, hosting side events and supporting virtual events.
You will work closely with the wider Marketing team, including Developer Relations as well as the MetaMask product team and will be required to understand MetaMask’s key objectives, priorities and product features.
On a daily basis, you may be spending time on the following activities:
- Work closely together with the MetaMask Developer Relations team, the ConsenSys Marketing team, and the MetaMask Product team to understand product priorities and find relevant events and opportunities to align with those. Find relevant team members to support with speaking opportunities, hackathons and workshops.
- Full ownership of event management from shortlisting and booking events to organising logistics and post-campaign reporting. This includes sourcing and managing external suppliers/vendors,
- Understand how events deliver ROI for MetaMask and be able to report back on effectiveness, learnings and recommendations to improve presence moving forward.
- Work with Marketing, DevRel, Design and other XFNs to establish MetaMask’s position at events and as part of the wider ConsenSys business.
- Build out content calendars and get coverage across existing media channels as well as earned channels before, during and after events.
- Solutions-oriented: be able to anticipate and prepare for potential risks.
- Organise swag that is relevant and valuable to the audience.
- Proven experience in organising and sponsoring Web3 events, an understanding of the ecosystem, audience and how to deliver great experiences.
- Be across all the relevant conferences in the Web3 space as well as other relevant industries where MetaMask should have a presence and liaise with event organizers to understand the opportunity and the potential events have to showcase MetaMask. You should be able to understand the difference between how MetaMask can use these events for product showcase, brand presence/awareness and/or community building.
- Have a creative mind to make MetaMask front and center at events with out-of-the-box ideas to build lasting memories for the community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver quality output within short timelines.
- Ability to take full ownership and organise conference sponsorships from shortlist to execution. This may include supporting or organising side events.
- Request and manage budgets and be able to deliver on ROI goals.
- Understanding of the difference between the end user and developer audiences and tailoring relevant experiences for each.
- Available to travel to be on the ground to oversee logistics and be the point of contact for MetaMask attendees.
Bonus points for:
- Existing relationships in the blockchain and Web3 industry.
- Technical understanding of MetaMask, blockchain and Web3 in general.
- An understanding of NFTs, POAPs, social platforms such as Twitter and Twitter Spaces.
- An eye for design.
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.