Email Marketing Specialist at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the stock market inclusive, educational, and fun.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
In support of our continued expansion, Public is seeking an experienced email practitioner to join our lifecycle marketing team which encompases email marketing, push notifications, in-app-messaging, and other customer-facing channels.
While the majority of your role will be focused on building and executing email campaigns, this is a cross-functional role working on email, push, and in app messaging with visibility across departments. You’ll work with best-in-class tools to execute and report on campaigns ranging from one-off communications to highly personalized lifecycle emails, push notifications, and in app messaging. This is a highly impactful role with the opportunity to influence our core metrics and reach our most important audiences. As a highly organized and detail oriented individual, your contributions will ensure our email campaigns exceed growth expectations, follow best practices, and maintain a best-in-class user experience.
- Work closely with the Sr Lifecycle Marketing Manager to plan and execute cross-channel campaigns to a variety of user segments
- Manage our email lists, segmentation, and deliverability
- Execute daily and weekly email and push campaigns
- Discover new opportunities to reach our audience through personalized emails, push notifications, and in app messages
- Collaborate with the marketing and brand teams to see campaigns through from ideation to execution
- Report on the results of campaigns including engagement and conversion
- 1-2 years experience in an email marketing role, preferably at a consumer tech company
- Strong understanding of email deliverability and performance best practices
- Knowledge of lifecycle marketing strategies and cross channel campaigns including push and in app messaging
- Basic to intermediate skill with email HTML and mobile responsiveness
- Experience using a lifecycle marketing platform such as Braze, Leanplum, Iterable, or similar
- Familiarity with metrics like retention, LTV, and churn and how to impact them
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Experience in fintech or another highly regulated industry
- Braze experience
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.