Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
As the Director of SEO, you’ll serve as the functional leader of both the technical and content SEO teams, within the Audience Development department. You’ll be responsible for driving the organic growth across our world-class brands—overseeing the strategy, management, hiring and more.
How You'll Contribute…
- Coach and mentor SEO team members to foster continuous improvement, learning and development
- Make key business decisions with material impact to the bottom line and interact regularly with C-level executives
- Set organic growth goals and lead the team to achieve these goals
- Put together hiring plans and work with recruiting to source and interview the best new team members to add to our growing team
- Work hand-in-hand with content, analytics, technology, product and other businesses and business leaders across the organization to move forward important cross-functional initiatives
- Develop and nurture search phrase level tracking, reporting and related performance optimizations across all portfolio websites
- Continuously improve the optimization of our pages from a technical SEO perspective; including, but not limited to: FAQ/schema management, semantic HTML, and core web vitals
- Maintain industry-leading practices for keyword research, on-page and on-site optimization, link building and user engagement
- Oversee external content promotion strategy
- Participate in weekly Audience Development team lead meetings as representation of all SEO related matters
- Integrate website profiles and buyer personas to better target identified audiences
- Suggest improvements in process and productivity optimization
- A proven track record for leading teams and developing talent
- 5+ years of experience in SEO
- Data-driven problem solver with ability to logically and creatively solve complex problems with vast amounts of data
- Comfortable getting into the weeds with data and experience using GA, MS Office Suite, Tableau, Data Studio and GTM
- Ability to work with HTML, CSS, and JS to optimize pages and effectively communicate with the development team
- Familiarity with a range of SEO tools including, but not limited to: SEMRush, Majestic, Botify, Screaming Frog, and Ahrefs
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling a plus
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing career development meetings
- Fitness reimbursement
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Live and remote fitness classes offered 5 days a week
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly team outings and quarterly volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.