Director, Search Engine Optimization - Remote at WorkBoard Inc.
Work with purpose.
WorkBoard’s mission is to help companies and the people in them achieve their best results. We pioneered the Enterprise Results Management solution category so leaders can communicate strategy and align efforts well in a faster changing world, and so team members are energized by the purpose and impact of their work. Our customers drive faster growth and competitive advantage because they have higher alignment, real-time transparency, and sharper focus on the results that matter. Companies like Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper, Workday, 3M, Zuora, Anthem, Humana, and many others use WorkBoard’s platform, expert services, and professional certification programs to achieve their ambitious vision.
WorkBoard has built a clear lead in the space – it is the size of all the other OKR app providers combined, in large part because its founders and team members are experienced company builders focused on true, differentiated value for our customers. WorkBoard is backed by top-tier venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz, GGV Capital, SoftBank Investment Advisers, and Workday Ventures.
The Director, Search Engine Optimization will lead organic search engine marketing funnel development activities and partner to support our conversion testing strategy for WorkBoard.com. This role carries quarterly objectives and key results tailored to improving quality sales opportunity growth by making it easier to find WorkBoard via organic buying behaviors. To achieve the goal, you will develop and implement a compelling portfolio of high impact search campaigns across our key demographic segments, regions, and verticals and evolve our website to minimize friction.
- BA/BS in marketing, business or related fields
- 6 to 10 years of experience in Search Engine Optimization
- Strong HTML, JS and similar experience
- A proven history of consistently executing high-impact experiments to drive significant uplifts in core business metrics
- Deep technical SEO expertise optimizing code, site architecture, internal links, and subdomains
- Expert level analytical skills and comfortable using large datasets to gain insights and drive business decisions
- Baseline knowledge of other digital specialities including SEM / CRM / UX
- Passion for staying up to date on the latest Google algorithm changes and SEO trends and are excited to test out new opportunities to drive organic growth
- Experience managing Search holistically, partnering with PPC team members to implement holistic search strategies for PPC savings while ensuring optimum returns for the company
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- In depth experience using modern analytics tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console to track and improve performance of SEO
YOU’LL BE SUPER SKILLED AND EFFECTIVE AT
- Driving the strategic direction and strategy for search engine optimization to elevate website discoverability
- Defining and implementing a strategic SEO roadmap
- Analyzing and prioritizing high-value pages for organic best practices
- Thinking strategically to devise well thought-out short term and long term optimization strategies across organic user journeys that help SEO to achieve its growth goals and scale across markets
- Developing measurable goals and critical metrics, setting priorities and managing a backlog of features and functionality; working with marketing operations, web development, demand generation and product marketing to meet those requirements
- Continuously driving an improvement process to identify new SEO growth opportunities via analyzing existing content architecture, keyword constructs, audits and data/traffic analysis
- Developing, socializing and championing strategies amongst various cross-functional partners on the back of data-drive forecasts to remove friction to find WorkBoard.com and engage with the most relevant content
- Continuously partnering with design, content, product and technical teams to implement SEO standards during site redesigns, new product rollouts, major and minor enhancements and new site features; and to apply learnings from conversion optimizations to accelerate post launch performance
- Enthusiasm and energy to stay current with latest search marketing trends including, but not limited to, all Google algorithm changes
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU’LL
- Attend a new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of our buyers, their pain points, and our solution offering
- Familiarize yourself with the Marketing OKRs, key pieces of marketing collateral on the website, and the go to market strategy
- Know where all search engine related data, reporting and analysis lives for Marketing and Sales, and how they’re created.
- Assess current SEO strategies and campaigns
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU’LL
- Implement key improvements to lead volume through SEO
- Develop detailed analytics on all organic search efforts
- Create a new and/or revised SEO strategic plan and set new channel targets
- Create a conversion testing strategy designed to uplift all inbound efforts
WITHIN SIX MONTHS YOU’LL
- Have a full portfolio of SEO initiatives delivering consistently against targets
- Set the annual SEO plan with targets, initiatives, and resource requirements
- Administer a testing plan to improve website engagement and conversion rates
You’ll join the Demand Generation team that is laser-focused on driving smart, fast growth across the buyer journey. We are a data-obsessed, hypothesis-driven, collaborative team of continuous learners. We know our target market and are dialed in on winning it. We are scrappy and ROI-driven, maximizing our return ($ and learnings) for every effort spent. We are intellectually honest and humble – our bold hypotheses are driven by transparency on what we know and what we want to learn. We test & learn without fear, fail fast, and lean into the wins. We are all excited to drive holistic revenue outcomes, and are passionate about results over attribution. We are building one of the market’s most innovative growth functions –built on top-class strategy, data-based insights and brilliant execution. We are a no-ego bunch, and super excited to build a category-creating company together!
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 Hs
Hungry for the opportunity
Operating as one happy team
A FEW OF OUR AWESOME BENEFITS
- Flexible PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!