Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
We are seeking a strong story-teller and communications leader to join our team as a PR Director. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with executive leadership and go-to-market teams to evangelize how Motive's best-in-class technology improves the safety, productivity, and profitability for fleets across North America.
We’re looking for someone to help boost the presence of Motive externally. We’ve got an amazing brand story, and you’re going to help tell it. The ideal candidate can pivot from working with our CEO on keynote speeches, to pitching buzzworthy media stories, to managing our agency all in one day. This role lives and breathes relationships — they’re strategic and well connected, and can help amplify the best-in-class product we have built and how we uniquely solve customers’ problems. This role will have a high level of ownership and visibility across the organization.What You'll Do:
- Own all external communications, including media relations, thought leadership initiatives, social media, awards, and more
- Create and implement press-worthy campaigns for trade press and mainstream media
- Work with our PR agency on a day-to-day basis to ensure the greatest amplification and impact of our stories
- Develop stories and compelling narratives that highlight our platform, customers, data insights, and partner ecosystem
- Drive a steady drumbeat of stories, content, and buzz about Motive to the market
- Provide expertise and support to the Motive team in brand awareness and crisis management
- Work closely with the industry experts to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance
- Partner with the product marketing, analyst relations, content, design, and growth marketing teams on new product launches, customer stories, and corporate initiatives
- Collaborate closely with Motive's internal communications team
- 10+ years of experience in a communications role or relevant role
- Proven track record generating coverage, and strong existing relationships with tech and business press
- Experience in managing and working with external agencies
- Excellent communication, writing, and storytelling skills — has previous writing samples to point to
- Experience to work effectively with executives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.