WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Talend, a global leader in data integration and data integrity, is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our growing enterprise product marketing team. We are looking for top talent that will help accelerate the growth of the company to $1B in ARR in the next few years. If you are a seasoned technology product marketer who is interested in driving real business impact by both building business strategy as well as driving GTM execution, we are looking for you! All candidates based in continental US/Canada are welcome to apply. We are a ‘remote friendly’ team!
In this high visibility role, you will be responsible for developing the enterprise GTM strategy and the execution plan to help achieve the revenue (ARR) goals for the business while maintaining profitability. Prior experience in customer and field sales facing roles is strongly preferred. Ideal candidate has successfully launched new offerings/businesses and grown them to scale as well. You deeply understand the B2B sales cycle and have a strong background/inclination in solution selling based on business value of high-tech products and services.
Key responsibilities and impact:
1. Product Marketing Content Strategy: Product marketing is only as successful as the teammates we serve. You’ll have an opportunity to work closely with our cross-functional colleagues, understand their needs, and create the right content model to ensure that we are developing content for a defined purpose and impact. Combine product knowledge and insights into customer needs to weave compelling stories and narratives that resonate with target personas.
2. Business Strategy and Analysis: We love data (naturally! We are Talend after all!) the right candidate would be able to capture and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to develop insights and recommendations to address business challenges and/or opportunities. Ability to conduct business analysis, segmentation is critical. Experience in pricing, packaging is strongly desired.
3. Integrated GTM planning and execution: Collaborate with product management, marketing, sales, customer success, partner alliance teams to develop integrated GTM plans that holistically take into consideration the end-to-end customer journey.
4. Market Intelligence: Develop a strong understanding of customer needs/trends, competitive positioning through first-party and third-party research. Partner with sales and customer success teams to identify key sales blockers and remedial actions.
1. At least 7-10 years of product marketing experience in a high-tech domain. Cloud experience is strongly preferred.
2. Ability to thrive in ambiguity: To have impact in a fast paced and agile business like ours, the right candidate would not just be able to deal with, but enjoy working in ambiguous situations.
3. Cross group collaboration: Be able to partner effectively with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Alliances, etc. to deliver on collective business goals. #teamwork
4. Analytical & Quantitative skills: Be able to sift through information and develop hypothesis, validate them and make decisions. Experience using BI/reporting tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Excel is important. Ability to write SQL queries is a nice plus!
5. Leadership impact and influence: Ability to drive alignment across teams, resolve differences of opinion and influence actions of others is key for success.
6. Communication skills: Top notch communications skills including written, verbal, exec/event presentations.
7. Customer centricity: Strong customer focus in all actions/decisions a must. Our success depends on being able to have empathy for the audience.
8. Learner’s/Growth mindset: Not afraid to take risks and make decisions. Always focused on what could be done better. Failures are not a problem, not learning from them is.
9. Bias towards action: Don’t get stuck in ‘analysis paralysis’. Do your due diligence, but then act with speed. Our best learning happens by doing. #LI-MM2
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read Full Job Description