Director, Product Marketing at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents everywhere. We offer a wide range of products and services, including food, treats, toys, and healthcare products, delivered straight to our customers' doors.
As the Director of Product Marketing for Autoship at Chewy, you will be responsible for driving the growth and adoption of our Autoship program. Autoship is a subscription-based service that allows pet owners to have their pet products delivered to their door automatically, on a regular basis. In this role, you will work closely with the product, marketing, and operations teams to develop and execute a strategy that maximizes the success of the Autoship program and drives value for our customers.
This is a high-visibility role that will directly impact both the Chewy business and its development as a brand. You – and the team you build – will be responsible for:
- Identifying what is most needed and most compelling to customers – and feeding that insight back into the organization to influence Autoship product strategy, prioritization, marketing investment, and related messaging.
- Leading the cross-functional development and execution of go-to-market strategies and plans designed to drive desired business critical metrics (e.g., awareness, consideration, trial, and adoption).
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on Autoship marketing program performance and making recommendations to improve both the product offering itself and related marketing and messaging.
- Identifying and delivering new business opportunities to drive growth for Chewy through cross-selling, promotions, partnerships, or other programs, with the potential to deliver customer value at scale.
- In addition, as a senior leader in the marketing organization, you will help build a world-class marketing team, a best-in-class brand, scalable business processes, and strong cross-company relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Retail leadership to deeply understand the business including vision, near-term and long-term goals, operations, technology, sales, gaps & opportunities, and the P&L
- Lead the annual marketing planning process for Autoship and continue to optimize and iterate on that plan throughout the year.
- Identify and socialize key customer needs and unmet growth opportunities through partnerships with Consumer Insights, UX research, or 1st and 3rd party research.
- Partner with Brand Strategy to extend the Chewy brand narrative through Autoship , defining the positioning, features, and RTBs needed to deliver our promise to customers.
- Define the value proposition and related messaging. Own “the brief.”
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development of go-to-market strategies and plans designed to drive KPIs. Work with marketing channel owners (media, CRM, Social) and Creative teams, to support appropriate plans, including people and budgetary investment levels.
What You’ll Need:
You are a strong leader and great people manager. You motivate and inspire even as you ask tough questions and challenge the status quo. You love working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating across teams. You can drive both strategy with creative solutions, and execution in a matrixed organization. You come with a successful track record of cultivating both trust and influence with key stakeholders, driving quantifiable business results, and building a brand for the long haul. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Experience (10+ years) in product, product marketing, or brand management – preferably with a retail company/brand and/or technology company/brand
- Success in launching and scaling mass-market consumer products or services that both drive the business and strengthen the brand.
- Proven ability to lead a high-performing team in a matrixed environment.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to drive data-driven recommendations and decision-making.
- Experience creating integrated marketing plans to support product launch and expansion efforts.
- Experience working with marketing channel owners to shape marketing strategy and drive tactical execution.
- Expertise in one or more communication channels is a plus.
- Executive level communication skills.
- Ability to confidently analyze business results and report performance to executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence others to get things done in a timely fashion; balance multiple priorities, adapt to changing business needs, and meet deadlines.
- MBA preferred.
- Must love this stuff.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].