Director, Performance Marketing at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a seasoned performance marketer to lead our US performance marketing program spanning digital, affiliate, and offline channels. You’ll own paid acquisition strategy and lead a team of performance marketers and agency partners to deliver on an ambitious roadmap and growth goals.
The right candidate should have deep experience leading and growing performance marketing programs across both web and app, defining marketing technology strategy and driving alignment across product, engineering, and data science stakeholders, and building world-class teams.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Own strategy for Coinbase’s US performance marketing program, deploying $100M’s annually to drive user acquisition, lead generation, and revenue for Coinbase’s product lines across web and app
- Communicate strategy, plans, and performance to executives and key stakeholders
- Lead and grow the team responsible for paid acquisition across digital, affiliate, and offline channels
- Partner with product and engineering stakeholders to define, scope, and build Coinbase’s marketing technology stack in order to drive program optimization and automation
- Collaborate with data science stakeholders to define KPIs and to advance Coinbase’s marketing attribution and measurement capabilities
- Partner with brand media lead to pursue full funnel media strategies, and prove the relationship between upper and lower funnel media
- Work with marketing insights to define audience strategy and collaborate with visual design stakeholders to bring creative to life that reaches and converts those audiences
- Act as a thought partner to the marketing org, helping define where, when, and how performance marketing fits into Coinbase’s overall marketing strategy
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 12+ years experience scaling performance, growth, or acquisition marketing programs focused on consumer products; 6+ years managing and growing teams
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, and experience presenting to executive teams
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator who is excited to build strong relationships across a complex, matrixed organization
- Experience collaborating with product, engineering, and data science teams to advance marketing technology and measurement capabilities
- Understanding of when and where to apply automation within day to day performance marketing operations
- Highly proficient in applying a data-driven approach to program optimization
- Experience leveraging media mix modeling and understanding of channel incrementality to guide decision making
- Working familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or other BI / reporting tools
Nice to haves:
- Crypto or financial services / financial technology experience
- SQL experience
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $238,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.