Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role
At Angi, we are on a mission to be the home for everything home. As our organization grows and we work to realize this mission, we are seeking an innovative, results-driven, Director of Media Relations, to create the buzz for Angi and help drive business and tech media relations. In this role, the Director of Media Relations will be creating high-value media opportunities positioning Angi as THE leading home improvement solution for both consumers and home service professionals and will join a dynamic team of media and PR professionals.
What you’ll do
- Shape messaging and strategy around earned media, speaking engagements, award nominations and other strategies as needed for Angi
- Collaborates with the VP and management to develop, manage and implement the organization's business and tech media relations strategies.
- Oversee earned media outreach and pitching, building and nurturing relationships with business press, tech press and broadcast media and working with brand partners and internal partners to achieve quality media opportunities.
- Generate consistent high-value, high-quality media opportunities for our executive team including but not limited to our CEO, CFO, CMO and CTO.
- Pitch and place stories on specific company events, initiatives, and announcements, as well as overall storytelling on the company and its narrative to national, local, and affiliate outlets
- Identify new areas of opportunity to drive positive earned media for the brand through all available channels
- Identify and coach appropriate business partner groups to effectively communicate with analysts, clients, the media and public interest groups
- Be a pivotal Lead on the media relations team through leadership, providing relatable coaching and mentoring and oversee the day to day management of external PR firms
- Manage the day-to-day activities of contracted agency team(s), and other resources as needed.
Who you are
- 6-10+ years of communications, media relations and/or public relations experience; in-house or PR agency and business/technology/Internet experience required
- Proven track record generating new ideas and opportunities to expand earned media and media engagement
- Ability to work independently to create and implement integrated and comprehensive communications strategies with proven and trackable outcomes
- Team-player who has had management experience and/or experience growing a media relations or PR practice within an organization or PR firm
- Very strong story-teller: knows how to leverage any announcement into a story and appeal to a national audience)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills: a mastery of core media relations writing including press releases, media advisories and pitches
- Senior media relations or public relations experience (tech, business, and consumer tech)
- Ability to prioritize and execute against multiple projects, including events, press material development, media briefings, product launches as well as handle new business
- Creative thinker, familiar with online tools and various digitally-oriented communication tactics and distribution channels
- Forward-thinker and ‘go-getter’ mentality; able to identify new communications methods, technologies and strategies
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives
- High level of independence, energy and motivation
- Ability to travel up to 25% to various locations, or as needed
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $110,000 - $150,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world