Director, Marketing Planning & Development at Instacart
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Marketing Planning & Development Lead
Our Marketing team is charged with making Instacart a household name that people love - and use everyday. We are coming off a period of unprecedented business growth and are scaling the organization to support and propel it further.
As a team, we are right- and left-brained - combining creativity with a rigorously analytical approach. We move fast, work nimbly, and are laser-focused on driving measurable business impact. We are building for scale, knowing that we must constantly improve our efficiency and raise the quality bar.
We are looking for a leader who has proven Marketing strategy and planning experience and is able to develop data-driven strategies and implement them across a 150-person team. You will have an understanding of how to work across different audiences, verticals, and team processes accordingly. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing to develop and execute against a multi-year strategy that grows Instacart’s business. You will oversee our $200M+ marketing budget, ensure that all our marketing functions are focused on the most important priorities, develop processes to ensure consistent visibility into initiative-level performance, and orchestrate the flow of information within and outside of the team.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drive strategic planning for the Marketing team, including budget and headcount
- Manage budget and own our forecast, managing variance and working with the marketing leadership team to ensure our investments are responsibly managed
- Provide guidance to Marketing Leaders to support data-based prioritization decisions
- Partner with the Marketing Leadership team to optimize resource allocation
- Define operating model for 120-150 person org, including processes and communication channels, as well as business review and reporting content & cadence.
- Work to improve communication channels, meeting protocol, documentation and workflow across marketing and with cross-functional partners.
- Benchmark current marketing activities, performance and investment levels, and develop strategy for continual improvement, including seeking out industry-leading opportunities (i.e., innovation from key platform partners)
- Partner to prepare for CEO and Board Level meeting materials, including shaping the narrative and deck, collecting and managing action items across the team.
- Help develop and nurture the team’s culture, from social events/offsites to affinity programs (Diversity, Equity & Belonging; L&D) to talent development and management.
- Develop positive relationships within the Marketing leadership team and across critical cross-functional teams such as Product, Business Development, Finance and Legal.
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant role - Marketing Operations, CoS
- You have led end-to-end marketing planning processes for large organizations
- You have deployed or overseen large (100M+) marketing budgets that have driven impact on company-level metrics
- You understand brand and performance marketing concepts and can articulate them to a broad set of audiences
- You must have great attention to detail, be well organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have crisp communication skills and have strong experiences interfacing with senior leaders across the org chart
- You have hands-on experience managing large scale initiatives with tight deadlines
- You excel at managing initiatives across multiple stakeholders and can identify solutions that balance the needs of each
- You are a self-starter with the ability to manage through ambiguous situations
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Above all, you're a team player and love making an impact each day
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.