Director, Marketing Operations at Roku
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About the role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the future of television – including TV advertising – around the world, continued success relies on our investment in Marketing Technology that allows Roku customers to stay informed on the best and most relevant content as well as the hot new devices available to enhance their streaming experiences.
Roku is looking for a seasoned Marketing Operations leader to build and lead a team of Marketing Operations Professionals that will be a critical part of driving the next stage of growth for Roku.
As a Director of Marketing Operations, you and your team will be responsible to drive the execution and deployment of omni-channel marketing campaigns across all CRM touch points including email, push notifications, in-app messages, and SMS. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for marketing operations across all stakeholders and partnering organizations at Roku. You will be responsible for building a system of operational excellence that can meet the scale and demands of Roku’s rapidly expanding marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
- Lead and build a best-in-class team of Marketing Operational professionals
- Scale and optimize marketing operation efforts to meet the increasing level of demand of marketing stakeholders across Roku
- Design, implement, and monitor all marketing operation processes to take campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Partner with marketing, product and engineering teams to design and create the most efficient and scalable processes for automations and ad hoc campaigns that support customer lifecycle initiatives
- Partner with Product in driving RFPs and develop requirements for marketing technology platforms
- Work closely with creative teams for asset requirements and templates required for CRM campaigns
- Collaborate with analytics, engineering, and privacy teams to manage and maintain data quality within the marketing database, including compliance, and tracking, enrichment.
- Work closely with engineering and data science teams on segmentation, prioritization, and campaign optimization challenges.
- Track marketing performance metrics across business units, reporting progress out to stakeholders and senior leaders in the form of monthly/quarterly operational reviews
- Provide incident management and lead Root Cause Analysis reviews for major incidents
- Collaborate in building a data driven culture and develop an operational practice centered around KPIs and the ability to measure impact
- Drive compliance to operational SLAs and seek opportunities for continuous improvement
We’re excited if you have
- 6+ years of experience in marketing operations at a B2C company with specific domain expertise in media and streaming being a huge plus
- 4+ years of experience leading teams greater than 10 consisting of managers and individual contributors
- Deep expertise in marketing technology with hands on experience with leading Marketing Technology products and solutions including DMPs, CDPs, ESPs, etc.
- A bias towards action and a track record of launching innovative marketing programs that are personalized and customer centric
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- An awareness of privacy rules and regulations across various regions and platforms
- A keen sense of deliverability across various CRM channels and an understanding different practices to help protect channel reputation scores
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Great attention to details, a quantitative mindset, and the ability to extract insights from data
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.