Director, Marketing Communications: Content & Design at PayIt
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We are well funded, we have picked up awards from Forbes, FAST Design (alongside McDonald’s and Nike), our CEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as a GovTech 100 the past six years in a row.
About the Role:
PayIt is looking for a Director of Marketing Communications: Design & Content in our Kansas City office (though virtual candidates will also be considered). This person will lead the brand voice for the organization. They will set the creative strategy and lead the growing team of content creators to deliver all B2B & B2C PayIt communications. The Director will be responsible for delivering content and creative to drive awareness, engagement, leads and MQL/SQL generation. They will support the creation of sales and Customer Support Manager (CSM) materials and will work collaboratively to develop new programs across the organization.
The Director will lead development of content in all channels from website to emails, from long form content to search and social, from video to graphics.
The ideal candidate has a proven record of developing and scaling internal and external communication strategies while working in a highly cross-functional environment. This is a great opportunity for a marketing comms leader who thrives in a fast-moving environment who can take initiative and take on a challenge.
- Develop strategy and execute communications supporting PayIt’s brand
- Drive brand voice - in all channels (across broadcast, print, digital as well as non-traditional platforms)
- Develop creative to influence behavior and drive results
- Write and edit all forms of B2B content e.g. press releases, blogs, white papers, social
- Lead efforts to develop alternative forms of content e.g video case studies, webinars
- Manage 3rd party agencies
- Manage team of content creators and designers.(2 people and growing)
- 7+ years marketing comms/design/content creation experience with a focus on B2B (Software or GovTech experience a plus)
- 4+ years of leadership experience managing creative and content creation teams
- Ability to work and lead in a cross functional environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with customers
- Working knowledge of digital content creation tools including video
- Strategic prioritizer and decision maker
- Creative problem solver
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, StackOverflow, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.