Director Internal Corporate Communications at iRhythm Technologies, Inc. (Remote)
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 4 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
About this role:
iRhythm is seeking a strategic, creative, and experienced Director, Internal Corporate Communications who is passionate about fueling our global employee experience through strategic communications and values-aligned programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of all global internal communications with an aim to build internal understanding of the company’s business strategy, culture and values and to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. This position will actively support employee engagement and change management efforts through company-wide employee communications through existing and future communications channels and vehicles including new and emerging technologies. This position will serve to enhance and optimize the employee experience across the employee lifecycle – from the first time a candidate learns about iRhythm externally, through their tenure at iRhythm, and as an alum.
The ideal candidate will partner with leaders company-wide to develop inspiring, compelling, and connected communications, and to ensure the internal communications program is successful in keeping all key stakeholders well-informed in order to help achieve business objectives. You must be able to simultaneously manage, coordinate, and execute a number of complex internal communications projects within stringent timelines. You will also work to ensure iRhythm employees feel engaged, informed, and connected, as well as have a strong connection to iRhythm’s business strategy so they can do their best work.
The Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for the development and deployment of iRhythm’s internal communication strategy leveraging the entire communications mix, including strategy and planning, messaging, thought leadership, employee and change communications, executive communications, digital communications including social media, among other tasks. The ideal candidate will advise on narratives, messaging, and communications strategies with the goal of driving employee engagement, amplifying our talent brand, and enhancing pride and advocacy.
In executing the role successfully, the Director, Corporate Communications will also need to be in alignment and work closely with the marketing and external communications teams to ensure there is continuity between internal communications messaging and strategy, and iRhythm’s overall communications strategy. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of executive and employee communication best practices and understand how each area of the business integrates with others. You should also have basic awareness of iRhythm’s direct competition and the factors that differentiate iRhythm in the market.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement company-wide and division specific internal communication and change enablement strategies and plans that engage, align, and inspire employees with iRhythm’s vision, business strategy, and drive employees’ understanding of business priorities, key initiatives, values and culture.
- In partnership with the CEO, executive team and senior leadership, define the key internal communications priorities and leverage these to create multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications strategies, and related tactics.
- Craft executive communications for the CEO and executive leadership. Provide executives with communications guidance on complex, sensitive and business critical issues, including crisis management topics and scenarios.
- Serve as strategic business partner and provide counsel and executive writing support as needed and develop messaging and internal presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics.
- Assess, evaluate, and track metrics that demonstrate effectiveness of communication strategy and approaches.
- Collaborate with and execute global internal communications plans and programs within the regions that support iRhythm’s business strategy and priorities.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of internal communication activities across all functions and regions. Ensure messaging and positioning harmonization and consistency across the organization.
- Lead communications on critical organizational news including earnings, major company updates, realignments, and announcements, as well as other significant developments within the company. Prepare communications that support global employee engagement and change management initiatives. Produce compelling and relevant omni-channel stories rooted in iRhythm’s company purpose, priorities, and values.
- Develop content for iRhythm’s bi-weekly internal newsletter, as well as draft agendas and executive talk tracks for company-wide, monthly all-hands meetings, and leadership communications.
- Serve as a liaison and spokesperson for the human resource leadership team, providing collaborative guidance and advice on integrated communication strategies to enable employee morale, productivity, retention, and policy compliance.
- Guide the vision and ensure there is an ongoing cadence of events and activities to foster team building and community. Support leadership to improve employee affinity and engagement within iRhythm.
- Build both a strong internal and external brand recognition as a desired employer for top talent around the globe. Represent the voice of the employee to leadership and also reflect employee voice in internal and external messaging.
- Work with the marketing and commercial teams to jointly tell outcomes-driven patient stories.
- Manage third-party vendors, including agencies, designers, printers and freelancers, and associated budgets to ensure strategic and cost-effective use of service.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field and a minimum 10 years of communications experience guiding strategy and execution of global integrated communications campaigns that inform and delight employees.
- Proven track record, people leadership capability, and ability to successfully work cross-functionally to influence, coach, and align toward a common communication strategy with stakeholders at the highest levels in a highly regulated, politically sensitive, and technical environment.
- Ability and confidence to influence executives and senior leaders on strategy, messaging, and engagement opportunities to drive pride, loyalty, and advocacy while managing through change.
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in an environment that values collaboration without ego.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communications skills with ability to simplify complex issues and act quickly with sensitivity to a range of external perspectives.
- Strong writer and storyteller with proven ability to synthesize and accurately disseminate information from across a variety of business areas.
- Demonstrated experience with a broad mix of communication channels including digital platforms and social media.
- Ability to build coalitions, create followership, and get things done in a flat, matrixed organization, meeting the needs of both the executive team and the corporate marketing and internal and external communications function.
- Skilled at soliciting input and enrolling key stakeholders into a strategic vision.
- Strong business and commercial acumen along with change management skills in order to understand the business drivers.
- Exceptional project management and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Clear interest and understanding of current affairs and technology developments and the ability to gauge the effects of these on present and future communication plans.
- Resourcefulness and self-motivation to independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high growth, ever-changing environment.
- Passion for fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Experience working on internal diversity initiatives is a plus.
- Prior experience in the healthcare sector is a strong positive
- Master's degree is a plus
- Previous communications experience in a corporate environment
- Clinical acumen in cardiology or electrophysiology is a strong plus
- Prior people leadership / management experience is a plus
What’s in it for you:
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid holidays, and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural Committee/Charity events, and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.