Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
Inspire is looking for an experienced, data-driven marketer to develop and execute integrated digital marketing campaigns to achieve our growth objectives. The ideal candidate will lead digital channel strategy, work with creative teams to develop breakthrough creatives, leverage data to improve our targeting and personalization efforts, design test & learn strategies to unlock new opportunities, and harness analytics to drive insights and optimizations. This candidate will be a critical role in our growth efforts and help build and scale digital acquisition for the organization.
The Director, Digital Marketing will report into the VP of Digital and work cross-functionally with stakeholders both internally and externally. They will also build a team of talented individuals to support and scale our digital growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of both the art and science of digital marketing, and will work closely with our brand and creative teams, as well as technology, analytics and data engineers. They will know how to strike the perfect balance between brand and response so that growth efforts are effective and also accretive to the brand. They are also customer-obsessed and seek to engage consumers in relevant ways that connect them to our mission to combat climate change.
THE DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MARKETING HAS 9 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee our digital acquisition strategy across paid and organic channels, managing closely to growth targets and CPAs
- Develop best-in-class acquisition campaigns and creative assets, working cross-functionally with internal and external creative partners.
- Build and execute testing roadmaps to drive continual optimizations, new channel growth, creative insights and audience learnings
- Deploy data strategies and cohort segmentation to improve our targeting, personalization efforts and media effectiveness
- Partner with analytics and technology teams to track and measure campaigns and KPIs, and improve our attribution methodologies
- Partner with VP of Digital on bottoms-up forecasting and budget management
- Collaborate with Pricing team to develop new offers, incentives, plans and pricing tests to drive incremental growth and increased LTVs
- Lead and mentor a highly skilled team of channel leads and strategic specialists, and manage external agencies and media partners
- Monitor & capitalize on emerging digital channels, trends and technologies
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Build monthly, quarterly and yearly marketing plans to achieve goals within budget
- Develop, optimize and scale an integrated channel strategy to grow new customer acquisition at an efficient CPA
- Establish long-term testing roadmap
- Launch new campaigns and creatives to populate media plan and grow brand awareness
- Create promotions calendar in partnership with Pricing
- Build weekly and monthly reporting dashboards in partnership with Analytics to monitor and socialize performance against our core KPIs
- Manage monthly budget and targets through bottoms up forecasting
- New Orders and Activations
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Value Creation (TOVC)
- Clickthrough Rate (CTR)
- Conversion Rate (CVR)
- Must Have
- 10+ years of business-to-consumer digital marketing experience with deep expertise in acquisition tactics driving significant year over year customer growth.
- Channel expertise across paid and organic channels, including Paid Social, Programmatic Display, SEM, Video, Content, Streaming Audio/Podcast, Shopping Sites, Affiliates and Partnerships.
- Strategic thinker who can flex between long-term growth planning and day-to-day optimizations
- Deep focus on data-driven marketing with obsession over hitting KPIs (listed above)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including direct response, brand/creative, tech, product and analytics
- Ability to lead creative strategy yielding performative creatives that drive acquisition and build brand awareness
- Strong command over digital marketing technology and tools
- Experience leveraging first-party data and propensity modeling to enhance digital marketing efforts
- Data-driven and highly analytical, with experience in multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, and analytics tools such as Tableau and Google Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nice to Have
- Unique curiosity and experience within clean tech or related efforts in fighting climate change
- Strong bias for action, moving quickly to get things done
- Excellent leadership skills with experience managing and developing a team
- Data-driven with a strong desire to hit target goals
- Clear presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and present to key stakeholders and executives
- Passion for growth and testing & learning
- Customer-obsessed marketer who is passionate about building unique and relevant experiences for consumers