Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced demand generation and growth marketing leader to join our team as Director of Demand Generation, reporting to our SVP Marketing. In this high impact role you will contribute directly to building a scalable, full-funnel marketing system that fuels our sales teams with qualified leads and nurtures qualified opportunities to drive revenue.
You will lead the team that executes integrated B2B acquisition marketing campaigns, owns marketing operations, and orchestrates inbound marketing, email, website optimization, and targeted media buying (digital and non-digital).
The perfect candidate has a strong track record of building high performing teams and hitting targets in a high growth environment. You create positive environments where marketing teams can do great impactful work, and provide leadership vision to guide activities that grow awareness, leads and interest in Homeward’s solutions in our targeted markets.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role you will:
- Own cross-channel demand generation strategy, campaign planning and execution across key audience segments and target geographies
- Partner with key stakeholders to create alignment across sales, product, marketing and operations on campaigns, drive campaign success and ultimately pipeline and revenue growth
- Analyse weekly data and reporting metrics across campaigns and activities to deliver consistent and consumable insights into performance against KPIs and influence the overall marketing and sales strategy
- Maintain and manage the use of marketing automation platforms by overseeing executing of workflows, activities and reporting from Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce
- Evaluate and improve the MarTech Stack
- Optimize website performance and conversion
- Manage and optimize meda buying efforts to deliver results
- Build and get consensus on demand generation campaign plans and budgets
- Effectively manage marketing budget across channels and programs
- Own and optimize nurture and conversion efforts in the middle and bottom of the funnel
- Recruit and manage a diverse, high performing demand generation and campaigns team
- Monitor emerging trends, platforms, and formats and adjust strategy accordingly.
- 12+ years of marketing experience with B2B marketing experience preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in demand generation, growth / acquisition marketing
- 5+ years leading marketing teams
- Track record of success partnering with stakeholders including sales, sales ops, product and other marketing teams to deliver results
- Proven demand gen and growth marketing strategist and leader with a track record of hitting goals using diverse channels and tactics
- Demonstrated data-orientation to continually focus on testing and learning, and using data to deliver insights and enhance decision making.
- Extreme customer focus and orientation to place customer needs and insights at the center of campaign design, execution and optimization
- Demonstrated sense of ownership, project management capabilities and operational rigor that shows in how you build plans and manage multiple moving parts seamlessly to hit tough targets
- Excellent communication and storytelling capabilities
- Strong organizational agility and partnering capabilities
- Curiosity, creativity and experimental test and learn mindset with a love of problem solving and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong familiarity with marketing technologies and systems including google analytics, Salesforce, Zoominfo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Gong and beyond
- Experience recruiting, negotiating with and managing a variety of vendors
- Excited about Homeward’s mission
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.