Director - Data Product Marketing & Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Director- Data Product Marketing & Strategy will be responsible for developing and executing a clear stakeholder engagement model and creating product communication standards across the internal product team for their stakeholders. This leader will work with product managers to ensure clear and concise product materials and help in the adoption of products through trainings. They will also consult on the product strategies as they pertain to the voice of the business unit and stakeholder teams, such as ensuring the feedback loop they hear from internal stakeholders on the products being developed. Additionally, this role will help with communicating and informing the strategies of the team with different groups they work with. They are an advocate for the customer.
- Provides logistical support and thought leadership for many of the activities intended to set strategic direction and maintain alignment within business unit - managing weekly/monthly/quarterly stakeholder intake meetings, supporting the delivery status communications, organizing and conducting periodic strategy sessions for the teams, and coordinating the creation of Executive Committee and Board-level presentations on DNA strategy and approaches.
- Guides strategy across multiple product teams to ensure the big picture view is understood across the teams and their respective development counterparts.
- Manages the Line of Businesses and Value Streams within them and ensures their needs are ushered through to the appropriate product teams for evaluation.
- Establishes the documentation and communication standards on products to their stakeholders – emails on feature enhancements or initiatives, “how to” manuals, etc.
- Coordinates with other teams within the DNA organization to scale the product marketing function to support the larger DNA product organization, including the team needed to support this.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences. Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in financial services, or enterprise program management.
- 2+ years people management or related experience.
- Experience with presentations and trainings that range from end user SaaS tools to executive level strategy communications
- Experience with technology development where teams work in sprints and have specific planning cycles for intake.
- Working knowledge of data and its technologies (databases, business intelligence, APIs, etc.) and disciplines (analysis, data science, etc.)
- Working knowledge of channel marketing, paid media, and consumer experience.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.