Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful and customer-centric marketer to lead our Customer Growth & Lifecycle Marketing function, which is responsible for driving healthy customer funnel progression across our multiple products via an integrated multi-channel messaging strategy.
You’ll report to the CMO, and partner with GMs and cross-functional department leaders to define strategic objectives and manage a team of 5-7 marketers to build out and execute on a roadmap to meet those objectives.
Partnering very closely with GMs, your team will be focused on driving sign-ups, engagement, cross-sell, and retention, as well as managing appropriate promotions and incentives that can drive accelerated growth. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class strategies & multi-channel campaigns to deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time through the right channel.
Your team will own initiative roadmaps, business plans & briefs, journey maps, go-to-market plans, and partners closely with their counterparts in Product, Operations, and Marketing Channels and various shared services (Creative, Compliance, etc.) to build consensus on the strategy and to ensure timely execution of programs.
Our ideal candidate is a Swiss-army-knife lifecycle marketer – a data-driven performance marketer, with a successful track record of managing high-performance lifecycle marketers to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems; equally adept at defining & communicating strategy and at getting into the details to coach and guide the team for success.
What you’ll do
- You will be accountable for meeting product adoption and usage goals, and developing a cohesive customer contact strategy to develop healthy customer funnel progression.
- Lead, coach, and manage a team of 5-7 talented marketers – some of whom are individually aligned with our business units (eg. M1 Invest, M1 Spend, M1 Borrow, M1 Plus) and others whose responsibilities support all business units (Promotions, Client Development).
- Partner closely with GMs and Finance to own forecasts and goals for sign-ups, cross-sell up-sell, retention, and promotional spend, for each business unit.
- Partner closely with GMs, Product, Operations, Engineering, and Finance, to ensure alignment on strategies, roadmap, and execution plans.
- Work closely with Marketing channel teams and shared services such as Creative, Messaging, Compliance to ensure that strategic plans are delivered in a timely, effective and scalable manner.
- Provide regular and transparent updates to GM and department leaders on your team’s performance at weekly, monthly executive meetings as well as play a prominent role in developing M1’s short/medium/long-term customer strategies.
- 7-10 years of experience leading teams in B2C demand generation, lifecycle, growth, or email marketing at a high-growth company or agency with aggressive growth goals.
- A track record of driving business results through effective multi-channel marketing campaigns, with a “customer-first” mindset
- Proven experience in building strategies and roadmaps to drive lifecycle progression, defining customer journeys, A/B testing, and driving personalization at scale
- Expertise in using ESPs or similar marketing automation technology; extra points for Salesforce Marketing Cloud knowledge
- Experience with having managed promotions/marketing budgets, working closely with Finance and Analytics to develop forecasts and program impact
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic marketing plans and rolling up your sleeves to make it happen
- A structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities, while in tight collaboration with key stakeholders
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus. Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus
- Takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive and opportunities in challenges
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym