Director of Content Marketing at Canopy (Salt Lake City, UT)
Canopy is a fast-growing SaaS startup in Draper, Utah building simple, efficient software for accounting firms. We are looking to revolutionize the accounting space with modern, user-friendly software for a neglected industry. We place strong emphasis on delighting our customers, spotting and solving problems, and being good people along the way.
We’re hiring a Director of Content Marketing to help shape and define the cloud-based practice management space. The ideal candidate is an expert in creating world-class digital content who can also drive public relations campaigns. This person will be detail-oriented and a strong communicator, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to maximize efforts on strategic vision, brand awareness, and demand creation. To be successful, this Director of Content Marketing should be highly collaborative, enjoy problem solving, have a POV, understand the market and how to connect with them, and a clear creative vision.
This position is a hybrid role in Draper, UT.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead innovation and best-in-class content across the entire Canopy sales funnel, including: social media and blog content, webinar development and execution, influencer relationship building, industry certification program, long form content for demand generation and awareness, customer case studies, and public relations.
- Deliver on the KPIs, metrics and standard methodologies of the content strategy.
- Build the plan for content creation and promotion of the Canopy industry certification program.
- Work closely with the public relations firm and internal stakeholders to drive PR campaigns.
- Produce high-quality content and communications strategies by collaborating across the marketing, product, customer, and sales teams.
- Create and maintain the Canopy editorial calendar, balancing content demands across all stages of the customer journey.
- Contribute to the business expertise and knowledge on owned channels, including the Canopy blog and webinars.
- Work closely with the entire marketing team to drive content creation for our annual Innovation Summit event.
- Mentor and lead the content department to be leaders in the Canopy brand, voice, and story.
Your Skills Include:
- To thrive in this position, you love working in content marketing and public relations, where creative ideation meets execution excellence. Being an awesome leader and teammate who easily communicates with your colleagues across functions.
- 7+ years experience working within or with a content marketing and/or public relations department.
- Excellent writer and strong verbal communicator with the ability to synthesize complex topics into a concise and easy-to-understand language in multiple formats from whitepapers and event/webinar decks to videos.
- Exceptional storyteller who can create original content with a unique point of view that rises above the noise as well as innovate fresh content marketing ideas.
- Data-driven content marketing leader that is comfortable with analyzing clinical, survey, and platform data to create compelling storylines as well as diving deep into content performance metrics and tracking.
- Experience in planning and maintaining an editorial calendar.
- Expertise in social media platforms.
- Ability to predict audience preferences with an editorial mindset.
- Experience working in content marketing and/or public relations in a B2B SaaS organization.
We know many women do not apply for a job if they don't perfectly fit the description. We want you to apply anyway.
Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible PTO you’re actually encouraged to use
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid maternity and 2 weeks paternity leave
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Fully-stocked kitchen (Keto? Vegan? Flexitarian? Mandalorian? We’ve got you covered)
- Employee improvement budget to use however you see fit (e.g. books, courses, other improve-y stuff)
Canopy is an equal opportunity employer. Canopy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.