Director of Communications at Quartet Health
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & opportunity:
Quartet is hiring an experienced Director of Communications to help lead Quartet into our next phase of growth. A successful candidate will be highly driven and self-motivated leader, consistently identifying opportunities to tell the Quartet story, and elevate our technology, patient impact, and leadership to transform the mental health care sector. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the healthcare industry, and have a constant pulse of the healthcare / health tech media beat. This candidate will be an exceptionally strong writer (and ghostwriter), highly-organized, creative, and an experienced people manager. They will be skilled at interfacing with executives, building trusted relationships with colleagues, and managing ongoing partnerships with customers.
- Develop clear and ambitious external communications strategies that grow awareness of and clarity around Quartet’s work to help patients get the most appropriate mental health care for them. Develop strategies for different audiences (enterprise, patients, MHPs, etc), among national press, trade, local.
- Execute against strategies with clarity and accountability on goals, timing, and owners. Leverage tools such as editorial calendars to drive transparency and alignment.
- Proactively identify and successfully pursue storytelling opportunities on Quartet’s leadership and impact, including but not limited to: product capabilities, corporate roadmap, patient impact stories, provider experiences, and mental health expertise and leadership.
- Leverage existing health care / health tech media contacts, and nourish new ones, to keep pace with the media industry and timely coverage.
- Pitch stories and placed content regularly to reporters and editors to grow Quartet’s leadership in the mental health sector. Drive clarity to key audiences on our narrative, impact, technology, and mental health care expertise.
- Serve as one of Quartet’s leading experts on the health tech / mental health care market, keeping a close eye at the rest of the landscape to position Quartet strategically and competitively.
- Write / ghostwrite outstanding content, such as op-eds, press releases, blogs, speeches, talking points and case studies. Successfully write for different voices, and different audiences. Pitch content for external placement on organic channels.
- Manage team that runs Quartet’s organic channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium.
- Drive alignment with Quartet's internal communications strategy, overseeing components of this strategy to ensure that internally we are aligned with who we want to be externally.
- Oversee Quartet’s external events and conferences strategy.
- Staff and prepare spokespeople for public-facing speaking opportunities, including press interviews and public speaking events. Media train news spokespeople.
- Manage a small team of talented communicators who run social media, events, external convenings, and enterprise positioning. Also manage outside consultant / agency support.
- 10+ years experience in PR & communications, with at least 3 - 5 years of experience in healthcare / health tech.
- Seasoned media relations skills, and a very strong network of healthcare / health tech reporters and editors. Strong knowledge of the evolving healthcare and health tech media landscape.
- Experience successfully working with national, local, and trade publications to pitch and place stories and grow organic awareness.
- Experience growing an emerging brand into a sector leader, ideally within a startup environment.
- Showcases a strong POV on the health tech / mental health care landscape, and proactively develops plans to successfully grow the Quartet brand and position us competitively in the market.
- Skilled writer / ghostwriter who can learn different voices and communication styles, and write on complex topics and for different audiences.
- Highly-collaborative leader who actively builds trust with colleagues and external partners.
- Showcases gravitas, confidence, and expertise when interfacing with c-suite executives. Strong advisory and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, determining prioritization among limited resources and coaching teams to perform under clear deadlines.
- Self-starter who is a proven leader in a fast-paced, growth stage startup environment.
- A love for management and growing talented teammates; at least 3 - 5 years of management experience.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]rtethealth.com
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.