Director, Brand Partnerships at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
This role will report to the Global Head of Marketing and will lead our charge in working with brands and agencies to develop and execute strategic brand partnerships. You will identify opportunities, build strategy, pitch and manage partnerships that will shape the future of the Calm brand. While you have a proven background of working with relevant partners, you love to foster and grow partnerships in ways that lead to innovative results.
You are a cross-functional guru who can deliver new and innovative opportunities internally with key stakeholders - including Business Development, you’re constantly looking for new approaches to help us reach diverse audiences; rooted in consumer insights. You will be responsible for the day-to-day communication internally and externally as it relates to creative execution; Ultimately, ensuring success in bringing these brand partnership ideas to life.
- Lead the conversation with internal stakeholders to develop, pitch and execute creative strategies for brand partnerships
- Create and position pitch decks to present to brand partners; lead and guide strategy conversations with external partners
- Foster and grow strategic relationships with partnership clients, in order to improve and uncover new opportunities for our brand; prioritize where we take bets
- Serve as the primary brand/agency client contact; includes project management and ensuring deliverables from concept to execution
- Maintain creative style and guidelines to ensure Calm creative integrity is maintained
- Guide brand partners to ensure best-in-class creative is achieved through executions; provide them with creative direction as needed
- Partner with Consumer Insights Lead to root strategy and ideation in research and data; define program objectives to measure impact
- Lay the groundwork for this new area of business; develop process and success of cross collaborative partnerships
- Oversee and prioritize large scale budgets; approving negotiations and working with internal partners to buy-in
Who You Are:
- 8+ years related experience
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and desire to set trends and execute first to be done programs
- Have proven experience leading and driving strategy and partnerships with notable brands
- Experience in utilizing data and crafting metrics to measure program impact
- Strong internal and external communication/presentation skills
- Clear POV on creative work; demonstrated ability to leverage insights to build strategy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive results; you are a person with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strength in testing and learning new ideas
- Experience with D2C subscription brands a plus
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.