Dir, Client & Media Services (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:16 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, November 6, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
With Raving Fan service at the center of their work, Basis Technologies' Client and Media Services team researches, plans, and buys media for agencies and brands. Basis is at the foundation of all their tasks—from research and vendor communication, to optimization and campaign visualization – and everything in between. This strategic and focused team shares the common goal of helping their clients to become smarter, faster and more effective at what they do.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position will report into the VP, Client & Media Services, and will be responsible for managing a team of digital media specialists and associates that develop and execute media recommendations on behalf of clients. As the Director of Client and Media Services, you will regularly attend and contribute to client meetings, offering points-of-view, recommendations and ideas for optimizing campaign performance and digital media budgets. You will also contribute by:
- Working with the team to ensure high levels of client satisfaction are delivered
- Driving client retention, supporting revenue growth and guiding the digital media specialists to align client objectives with KPIs to drive optimal campaign performance
- Guiding conversations and helping your team plan and execute holistic media strategies using both site direct and programmatic buys
- Participating in client RFPs and daily requests by identifying, evaluating, brainstorming and recommending new opportunities alongside the team.
- Providing strategic direction and dissemination of work to assigned team
- Developing a strong partnership with the client development team and account leads
- Prioritizing client needs and being resourceful while finding solutions to solve client problems
- Contributing to the team’s knowledge through identifying training needs and providing input for educational initiatives
- Delivering exceptional client service, with ability to be the face of Basis to clients for specific accounts
- Conducting 1:1 meetings with direct reports and onboarding new hires
- Contributing to the team’s knowledge base through hands-on mentoring, training, and participation in regional calls/meetings
- Leading by example, supporting Basis' values and positively contributing to the culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5 years of experience in digital media planning and buying, including site direct and programmatic
- Holistic understanding of the digital media landscape including search, social, and programmatic
- Prior experience leading and managing a team of direct reports
- Proven track record of leadership/mentoring
- Proven communication and negotiation skills
- Heavy attention to detail
- Proven organization skills
- Eager to learn
- Strategic thinking and proactive client servicing skills
- Strong issue resolution and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment
- Professional and advanced skills in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience within the AdTech industry
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.