Digital Strategist at WorkBoard Inc.
Work with purpose.
WorkBoard’s mission is to help companies and the people in them achieve their best results. We pioneered the Enterprise Results Management solution category so leaders can communicate strategy and align efforts well in a faster changing world, and so team members are energized by the purpose and impact of their work. Our customers drive faster growth and competitive advantage because they have higher alignment, real-time transparency, and sharper focus on the results that matter. Companies like Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper, Workday, 3M, Zuora, Anthem, Humana, and many others use WorkBoard’s platform, expert services, and professional certification programs to achieve their ambitious vision.
WorkBoard has built a clear lead in the space – it is the size of all the other OKR app providers combined, in large part because its founders and team members are experienced company builders focused on true, differentiated value for our customers. WorkBoard is backed by top-tier venture investors including Andreessen Horowitz, GGV Capital, SoftBank Investment Advisers, and Workday Ventures.
The Digital Strategist will lead digital demand generation and sales funnel development activities. This role carries a quarterly qualified lead quota that delivers pipeline for WorkBoard’s growing sales team. To achieve the goal, you will develop and implement a compelling portfolio high impact digital campaigns across our key demographic segments, regions, and verticals.
- BA/BS in marketing, business or related fields;
- 10+ years of digital marketing experience, 5+ specific to digital demand in a fast-paced tech company
- 5+ years of experience supporting and driving digital demand gen for an enterprise SaaS company
- Ability to carry to full individual contributor workload in additional to leadership responsibilities; this role will be a player-coach model
- Experience with systems to generate, capture, nurture, track and report on leads, conversions, and ROI
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have the ability to analyze and derive meaning from data which you will then translate into actionable changes
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills
- Passionate about marketing technology – able to dive in and use innovative, next generation platforms
YOU’LL BE SUPER SKILLED AND EFFECTIVE AT"
- Design a comprehensive digital demand generation strategy, which includes quantified goal achievement plans for target buyers, vertical industries and regional segments.
- Manage a portfolio of digital programs across all channels (paid ads, paid social, SEO, website conversion, etc)
- Partner closely with analytics team to ensure alignment on data flow, partner with martech team to ensure you have the tools you need to optimize the portfolio.
- Develop and track comprehensive metrics reports and advise on the effectiveness and future direction of our digital marketing campaigns and spending
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting tactics and strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging and content needs.
- Coordinate with Marketing Ops and Product Marketing on the development and testing of landing pages to maximize conversion of digital programs
- Optimize targeting, creative, media, processes and budget allocation to maximize effectiveness and ROI.
- Partner with finance on budgeting and strategic planning
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of end-user purchasing behavior and industry trends to ensure effective implementation of digital programs.
- Assess new trends and drive continual improvement
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU’LL
- Attend a new-hire immersion training to build a deep understanding of our buyers, their pain points, and our solution offering
- Familiarize yourself with the Marketing OKRs, key pieces of marketing collateral, and the go to market strategy
- Learn the systems, processes, and vendors we use to power our sales and marketing tech stack.
- Know where all data, reporting and analysis lives for Marketing and Sales, and how they’re created.
- Assess digital demand generation capabilities and improvement opportunities
- Forecast this quarter’s lead attainment vs plan
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU’LL
- Have implemented key improvements to lead volume
- Have developed detailed analytics on all digital marketing efforts
- Have created a new digital strategic plan
- Set new digital channel targets
WITHIN SIX MONTHS YOU’LL
- Have a full portfolio of digital demand initiatives delivering consistently against targets
- Set the annual digital demand plan with targets, initiatives, and resource requirements
You’ll join the Demand Generation team that is laser-focused on driving smart, fast growth across the buyer journey. We are a data-obsessed, hypothesis-driven, collaborative team of continuous learners. We know our target market and are dialed in on winning it. We are scrappy and ROI-driven, maximizing our return ($ and learnings) for every effort spent. We are intellectually honest and humble – our bold hypotheses are driven by transparency on what we know and what we want to learn. We test & learn without fear, fail fast, and lean into the wins.
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 Hs
Hungry for the opportunity
Operating as one happy team
A FEW OF OUR AWESOME BENEFITS
- Flexible PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!