Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren’t we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and LightningTM systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here in the marketing team, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of over 250 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
We are currently seeking a creative and experienced Science/Biotech Digital Marketing Specialist to join our Corporate Marketing team. Your primary goal will be to create engaging digital advertising, collateral, social media content, and perform general website management for a targeted life sciences/biotech audience. The digital assets you create will help enhance the Berkeley Lights brand and awareness while promoting our cutting-edge technology. Using a variety of digital channels, tools, and media, you will be able to access viewers and generate interest, online conversions, and leads from all levels within our target customer organizations.
This position requires a high level of collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams, including business development, communications, sales, research, and legal, as well as with external agencies. You will use your proven ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines to maintain a consistent program for product and brand awareness. You will be successful in this role if you work well both autonomously and collaboratively with uncompromising attention to detail.
- Contribute to digital advertising, social media, website analytics, and strategy
- Drive the creation of new corporate marketing content (digital, graphical, video), targeted to relevant stakeholders through both individual creation and vendor management
- Develop and adheres to digital advertising and social media calendars
- Lead ongoing development, maintenance, and optimization of the corporate website
- Work with product marketing to promote product launches, customer spotlights, and upcoming events
- Report on effectiveness of digital marketing programs by identifying and monitoring key metrics; translate into more effective future campaigns
- Collaborate on co-marketing campaigns with customers
- Work with sales operations to capture and identify quality of leads generated through digital marketing
- Remain current on industry and competitor digital and social media trends
- Collaborate to crafting key messages and corporate materials
- Manage both individual and vendor project timelines
- Degree in marketing or life sciences with 2+ years in B2B digital marketing (life sciences industry preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and social media best practices
- General knowledge and experience in PPC program management and reporting (Google Ads, Search Console, Analytics)
- General knowledge of HTML, PHP, and website SEO and SEM best practices
- Proven ability to create professional and engaging digital content (added experience in video production/editing preferred)
- Experience with metric tracking, analyzing, and reporting for digital advertising and social media
- Well-rounded knowledge of graphic design concepts and best practices with comprehensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro); must have experience in digital sizing, GIF animations, and HTML5 ads (general knowledge of PPT animations or Adobe Animations preferred)
- Knowledge in HTML email creation, content management platforms, and troubleshooting with 3rd party email list vendors (general knowledge of HTML, PHP coding preferred)
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Buffer), and common website platforms (WordPress)
- Preferred experience working in digital marketing for public company
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is effective January 1, 2020. Please read our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Form regarding the CCPA and Berkeley Lights’ required disclosures about the collection of personal information.
More Information on Berkeley Lights, Inc.
Berkeley Lights, Inc. operates in the Biotech industry. The company is located in Emeryville, CA. Berkeley Lights, Inc. was founded in 2011. It has 283 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 26 open jobs at Berkeley Lights, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description