Digital Marketing Manager at Elementl (Remote)
We’re an early stage, well-funded startup team with a proven track record of shipping open source software with global adoption. We put a premium on respectful, clear, and complete communication, and we expect each other to be creative, curious, effective, and empathetic.
We believe deeply that the right tools and abstractions enable not just technological transformation, but also organizational transformation. We strive to put the user and their hard work at the center of our decision-making.
All of our open-source work is done publicly. You can gain context about how we collaborate as a team and the problems we work on by exploring GitHub and looking at our code reviews.About the role
As a member of our small marketing team, you’ll help us grow both our Dagster open-source adoption and our commercial Dagster Cloud offering. This is a vital role and will provide you with the opportunity to make meaningful decisions and make a meaningful impact.
You’ll be responsible for handling most of the digital marketing efforts for Elementl, including selecting the right solutions, managing their implementation, running digital marketing activities, reporting on performance, and optimizing marketing activities for growth.
This is an amazing opportunity for somebody looking to own the digital demand-generation channels and make their mark growing a company through digital outreach.
This is a full-time, competitively-paid position with benefits. We are a distributed team with offices in Philadelphia, San Francisco, New York, and Minneapolis. This role can be located anywhere in the United States.Responsibilities
Manage an ongoing process of running, measuring, and optimizing digital activities at Elementl.
The KPIs we will be chasing center around lead generation for the sales team, self-serve onboarding as well as growing our open-source community.
The Digital Marketing Manager role will run, measure and optimize the digital activities for the group:
- Elementl currently runs digital activities ranging from publishing a blog, engaging our community on Twitter, managing two LinkedIn profiles, tracking our social media presence, engaging with our community over Slack, running email-based broadcasts, etc. In this new position, You will take ownership of managing these channels on a day-to-day basis, maintaining and executing a schedule of activities.
- You will solicit content from the experts at Energage, and work with them to make the content engaging, optimized for each channel, proofed and published.
- You will ensure that all activities have associated metrics that are accurately tracked, compiled, and reported up.
- Where activities are not currently measured or tracked, you will formulate plans for how we can build in observability.
- After sharing and discussing current performance, the Digital Marketing Manager will take ownership of making the required changes to our process and approach, constantly optimizing for the stated outcome.
- You will also be invited to pitch new tools and new approaches based on your expertise and prior experience to help us more rapidly reach our goals.
- Three years of experience in SaaS digital marketing in a role with proven autonomy and decision-making.
- Proven experience working in SaaS marketing tools and data analytics for reporting (For example - but not specifically - Google Analytics, PowerBi, Looker, HEX)
- Experience in working in Git and command line and basic Python coding.
- Self-starter who wants to take ownership of specific metrics, and work autonomously to achieve these.
- Industry experience in software, FOSS, and working with a development community is strongly favored.
If you don't meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.Nice-to-have Qualifications
- Comfortable working remotely with little supervision.
- Prepared to work flexible hours to accommodate colleagues working across North American hours.
- Openness to “working in the open,” where your work in progress is shared, and feedback can come from any corner of the organization.
We are committed to building an inclusive team and an open-source community where no one feels out of place. We know that teams with diverse backgrounds state their assumptions more explicitly, think more rigorously, and build better solutions. Plus it's more fun and interesting to work with a wide variety of perspectives.
You should apply to work at Elementl if you want to work in, and help to build and strengthen, a high-performing software development environment where people of all backgrounds are welcome.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $100,000 - $130,000.Other resources:
- ℹ️ Learn more about Dagster
- ▶️ Watch the 10 min Dagster Overview
- ▶️ Hear from some members of our team
- ▶️ Hear from some of our users
No recruiters please.