Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us
Hi, we’re Who Gives A Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2 billion people in need. We love doing good, and we happen to be exceptionally good at it too! To date, we’ve donated over AUD$8.3 million (roughly USD$5.9 million) to fund sanitation projects around the globe.
Our team is made up of over 120 amazing humans in Australia, the Philippines, China, the US and Europe and we’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals to create the greatest impact possible – for people and the planet. How ambitious you ask? Well, it involves increasing our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years to get closer to our mission – toilets and clean water for all!
A bit about the role:
As our Growth Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in our continued focus on growth and acquisition. You’ll not only continue optimizing our paid digital channels in our strongest core geographies, but will also help us launch as scale in new geos (and with new products!) to expand our reach farther than ever before.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Digital, you will launch, test, analyze, optimize and scale digital channel customer acquisition campaigns to reach a seven-figure budget per month in our key markets. You’ll ensure that our “Growative” (Growth-Creative) process is consistently outputting high-quality asset content. You’re naturally data-driven, equally creative, and you also don’t hesitate to put on your strategic cap in order to be instrumental in how we can drive growth even more efficiently across our global reach.
You will be the owner and expert on all things paid digital marketing. You will help develop and execute strategic plans, use analytics to inform decisions and drive execution to optimize a seven-figure monthly marketing budget against aggressive ROI goals. You also will work cross-functionally with various teams across the business to think of creative, out-of-the-box ways to drive our continued growth.
If we had a crystal ball to tell us what you’ll be looking after in the next 6 months, here are a few examples we’d share:
- Planning, designing, forecasting and executing paid digital campaigns to hit aggressive ROI goals.
- Daily management of paid digital campaigns including creative production coordination, A/B testing, bid management, landing page testing, budget management, creative testing, etc.
- Helped us crack the code to successfully scale our paid digital marketing once launched into our new market geos.
- Collaborate with the creative team to brainstorm, develop and test new ideas and share meaningful insights and recommended next steps.
- Work closely with the rest of the growth team to develop solutions beyond paid acquisition, providing key insights on paid social strategy and creative efficiencies.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across Logistics, Finance, Content, Customer Experience and Operations to coordinate campaign launches, budgets, social posts, etc.
- Maintain and improve daily / weekly / monthly KPI dashboard to monitor and analyze campaign performance.
- Identify trends and insights to increase performance.
- Work with the Growth Team to drive innovative ideas to drive new customers.
Who you are:
You're an expert in paid digital!
- You have hands-on experience scaling and managing large-scale (six to seven figure a month) digital campaigns against ROI goals, preferably at a high-growth ecommerce, DTC brand or agency.
- Ideally, you also have experience with platforms such as Facebook, Youtube, Adwords, Amazon.
You like getting your hands dirty in all parts of the process!
- You're skilled at blending analytical and creative, and have a discerning eye for what makes epic creative that will crank out those sales!
- You are able to pull insights using campaign data, generate out of the box ideas and communicate them to the creative team.
- Working cross-functionally across various teams comes naturally to you.
- You have a proven track record balancing direct response centric, whilst strictly adhering to brand guidelines.
You eat data for breakfast!
- You have a deep understanding of customer analytics and marketing metrics like CPA, CTR, ROAS, CPM, AOV, LTV.
- You’re able to digest quantitative metrics and translate them into meaningful recommendations internally to the Growth Team and cross functionally across the business.
You have laser focus!
- Obsessive attention to detail with the ability to execute campaigns from ideation to purchase.
- Deeply self-driven, able to work autonomously, and with a drive for constant improvement.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
>> Phew, ok... let’s take a pause. Research suggests that at this point up to 60% of those identifying as women or under-represented folks might have talked themselves out of applying. But here’s the thing, you don’t have to check every box and we are serious about the growth and development of all those who join us. So please - introduce yourself and let us know about you!
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger our impact. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s pretty great, but we don’t stop there…
The job is amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow quickly.
Our benefits are designed to support and be responsive to our healthy, happy and thriving team. On top of what you’d expect from a people-first team like ours, we offer tailored learning & development opportunities, generous paid parental leave, support through our parent and caregivers portal - Circle In, access to our digital mental wellbeing platform - Uprise… did we mention free TP? Oh, and you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
We are passionate about fair and equitable remuneration. We pay competitively and thoughtfully based on your experience, the market and our insights. Just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in.
We’re not the only ones who think that working at Who Gives A Crap is pretty unbeatable. We’re honoured to have been recognised for the second year in a row on BuiltInLA’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and most recently on their “Best Mid-sized Places to Work” list.
We’re also humbled to have recently received our sixth consecutive Culture Amp engagement score of 90+ and as a certified B Corp, we're committed to the highest standards of social and environmental impact as a profit-for-purpose business.
How we roll
We are actively seeking team members of traditionally underrepresented backgrounds because we believe a diversity of perspectives and experiences is what makes a strong team. The stronger our team the closer we are to our mission – toilets and clean water for all. So come join us! We're looking for people of all genders, races, nationalities, orientations, abilities and disabilities to come sit at our table. We don't care about your income, education or employment history either. Really! The only thing we're a stickler on is species – you have to be a person.