Part of the Automattic family of brands (WordPress, Tumblr, WooCommerce), Day One is the top-rated app for keeping a journal or diary, with over 150,000 5-star reviews globally. We are Apple's "Editor's Choice" and won the prestigious Apple Design Award and App of the Year. We have been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time, Forbes, BuzzFeed, The Verge, Wired, Huffington Post, and more.
Our focus has been on building the best journaling experience on the planet. Now we are building a Marketing team to bring that experience to as many people as possible. This person will play a pivotal role in attracting new audiences to Day One via digital channels such as SEO, SEM, ASO, social media, and content marketing. On this team, you’ll work with the Director of Marketing and a Lifecycle marketer, with support from broader marketing teams at Automattic, to grow our engaged user base for Day One.
We are looking for someone with a well-rounded digital marketing toolkit to identify and prioritize opportunities. Day One has grown organically for the last ten years via strong organic ranking, press, and word-of-mouth. This is a rare opportunity to develop and execute against a holistic digital and content marketing strategy for a product that has proven product-market fit and a seriously devoted user base.What you’ll do:
- Create relevant, engaging written and visual content to grow brand awareness and drive acquisition via owned and earned channels. Journaling on journaling, if you will.
- Responsible for developing and driving organic search strategies across search engines and app stores. Identifying both short-term and long-term traffic growth opportunities via SEO and ASO.
- Develop and implement social media communications that align with our overall marketing strategy.
- Support paid marketing efforts via asset production, ad copy, keyword research, landing page creation, etc.
- Ensure brand consistency across all channels and touchpoints.
- Analyze and report on digital marketing efforts, with a point-of-view on what’s working, what isn’t, and recommendations for iterations and new tests.
- Collaborate with design, product, and fellow Automattic marketing teams to bring your ideas to life and find synergy with our fellow products (i.e. we’re currently partnering with our Tumblr friends for a May Mental Health campaign).
- Have 5+ years of prior experience in digital marketing, content marketing, SEO, social media marketing or related for B2C, mobile, and/or SAAS products
- Experience working on a mobile-first product or at a technology company
- Understand how to craft messaging for specific channels, audiences, and goals. On a typical day, you might be writing a blog article on a high-volume keyword to drive web traffic, as well as brainstorming in-app Paywall copy to convert Freemium users
- Are customer-centric. You have an innate curiosity about who our customers are, how they use our product, and how we should be talking to them
- Can point to examples of successful digital marketing campaigns or strategies you led
- Can also point to examples of failed campaigns or strategies. Because you like to take calculated risks and know how to learn from what doesn’t work
- Are comfortable analyzing performance data to drive optimization of campaigns
- Don’t shy away from ambiguity and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities
- Are organized and understand how to prioritize opportunities. As our first dedicated digital content marketer, you’ll have a large amount of ownership and accountability for your workstream
- Are self-sufficient and can get started with minimal direction
- A website / coding background - HTML, CSS, WordPress plugins, etc.
- An eye for design, and even some design chops
- Experience with paid acquisition channels
- Familiarity with tools such as Moz, SEMrush, AppsFlyer, Looker, WordPress, Adobe, Figma, Canva, Vimeo, AdEspresso
- Your own blog or online presence
- Comfort being in front of the camera for demos, live Q&As, social ads, etc.
- A passion for journaling!
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
#US #Europe #UK #LATM
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.